Running a Marathon

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe you should do a proper warm up for it, like a 2.4 mile swim followed by a 112 mile run, then the marathon finishes itself ;-)

Well done!

At about mile 22, i did let my mind wonder and i thought, how the hell is that possible! but i'm still going to find out one day!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
JT, have a look at www.trainasone.com its a site i use for my training, it basically learns your capabilities and tailors your training to your schedule and your goals.

Best of luck dude! I am running Amsterdam marathon on Sunday!
what about that marathon in the french wine region where they give you glasses of red at the refuel stations? Seems more your vibe?

3-off-the-tee

Visit site
Late to the thread here but can only echo what has already been said. Ive only ever trained up to half marathon distance but found the best way was to vary my runs.

I aimed for 4-5 runs a week and included some tempo runs, high intensity training and slower longer runs.

One thing I made the mistake of doing previously was peaking too soon in my training. I was running the race in March and by Christmas I was up to race fitness which left me 2 months where my motivation to train further had totally gone. I ended up not training for 4 weeks before the race as I felt I’d already trained enough and paid for it on race day.

Getting the weight off makes a massive difference as well, I can run as far as I used to now but I’m a good 2 stone heavier and as a result my pace per mile is considerably slower. I’m currently working on getting back down a few stone. I struggle as well with my frame, I’m only 5’7 but even when I got really thin I still couldn’t get much below 12 stone.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the same issue bud, I’m similar height but even when training 80-85kgs is my optimum, and agreed with physio it’s my stock weight. It wouldn’t be a fast run for sure been having some work done on my calf’s and hips, but still too heavy to get too far ?