Rules question.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Here’s a good one for you guys and girls. Lately my hands have been getting real sore after a practice session or even a round of golf. It’s sore when I first swing a club but loosens up after a few swings. The pain is between my left middle finger and my ring finger, just around the knuckle area. Oh it’s probably my grip as it goes away when I don’t play in the winter.

My question is, when I tape my middle and ring finger together, over the glove that is, it’s helps a lot but will it be legal to do so.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
From the "Decisions on the Rules of Golf".

May a player wear adhesive tape on his hands or apply such tape to a golf glove

The use of adhesive tape for any medical reason - eg to reduce blisters or to eliminate the possibility of skin splits between the fingers is not contrary to the rules. However, if a player binds fingers together with tape solely to aid himself in gripping the club he is in breach of rule 14-3. Applying tape to a glove to prevent the glove from slipping or to reduce wear is not a breach of rule 14-3

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
From the "Decisions on the Rules of Golf".

May a player wear adhesive tape on his hands or apply such tape to a golf glove

The use of adhesive tape for any medical reason - eg to reduce blisters or to eliminate the possibility of skin splits between the fingers is not contrary to the rules. However, if a player binds fingers together with tape solely to aid himself in gripping the club he is in breach of rule 14-3. Applying tape to a glove to prevent the glove from slipping or to reduce wear is not a breach of rule 14-3

Well well........thanks for that.