Rules query

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
There is no requirement to use the "Marker" column on your opponents card though why you wouldn't is perhaps more of a mystery. Should there be any discrepancy you can hardly expect the committee to be too sympathetic.

There are plenty of myths when it comes to filling in cards. The requirement of the rules is that your name, handicap and gross scores are recorded and it is signed by the competitor and the marker.

In the same sort of area.....
You don't have to initial any alterations.
If you just put your handicap at the bottom as opposed to the box next to your name it's OK.
If you don't mark with Stableford points in a stableford it's OK too ...but again the committee will not thank you.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There is no requirement to use the "Marker" column on your opponents card though why you wouldn't is perhaps more of a mystery. Should there be any discrepancy you can hardly expect the committee to be too sympathetic.

There are plenty of myths when it comes to filling in cards. The requirement of the rules is that your name, handicap and gross scores are recorded and it is signed by the competitor and the marker.

In the same sort of area.....
You don't have to initial any alterations. :)
If you just put your handicap at the bottom as opposed to the box next to your name it's OK.
If you don't mark with Stableford points in a stableford it's OK too ...but again the committee will not thank you.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If when playing in a medal comp do I "have" to put down my scores in the markers column -: as in is it a rule that I must put my score down on the card.

No.

You only have to put in 18 individual scores for the player whose card you are marking. Adding up the totals for each 9, the whole 18, and calculating points is a matter for the committee (or the computer, more often).

Down_The_Middle

Head Pro
Visit site
The reason for the post is like this. The juniors were playing their medal comp yesterday and one of them only put down the scores of the player he was marking for. They both signed the card at the end. Nobody knew if the rules state that he must mark down his own score aswell.If he should have put his scores down would he be DQ for not.I think it wwas the first the junior had played in a comp and they are trying to teach them how to do things right

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's worrying that they sent them out for a comp without making sure that they knew the rules. What others did nobody know - where to take one club length or two, what is nearest point of relief.

DCB

Visit site
Viscount,

trying to get the Juniors to get to grips with the rules of golf and ettiquette is one of the hardest tasks imaginable. There are so many 'urban miths' out there regarding the Rules that it's hardly surprising that the Juniors get thinsg muddled up at times. I've been inviolved with our Juniors for a while now and we've made good use of A4 sized posters that the SGU have available on their web site. We also try to have a session with them to go over the rules and a quiz at the start of the season to help thek understand what is and isn't acceptable for the most common rules that need for our course.

Sometimes their resoning and excuses for a certain rules violation are so funny, but you have to try not to laugh ;)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
we're lucky, we have two really good pros who are excellent at teaching kids, since one is an England youth coach he'd have to be! the juniors 'manager' is top notch and I've heard the junior captain really ripping into them over certain antics.

DCB

Visit site
One poor lad found a flaw in the Club200 software last season, it doesn't allow you to input any score above 20 for a given hole :eek:

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
One poor lad found a flaw in the Club200 software last season, it doesn't allow you to input any score above 20 for a given hole :eek:

That's why we have just changed to HandicapMaster. Club2000 is bug ridden, poorly tested and basically rubbish software. God knows how they have any customers never mind being market leaders.