Rules & Handicaps

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
My preference would be the latter, as some questions will relate to both and some questions will inevitably asked in the wring one due to the OP misunderstanding the issue.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Would it be worth introducing a new forum for WHS Handicapping or changing the name of Rules of Golf to Rules of Golf and Handicapping? Preferably the former.
Hey there!

I really appreciate the suggestion and think we can accommodate. I'm not sure a new subforum about handicapping is strictly necessary, but I am fine to include it in the Rules of Golf section, if that works for people. Anyone with a preference should feel strongly encouraged to voice it here, whether via a reply, or adding an emoji reaction to my reply (this one). Once folks have a couple days to comment we'll move forward with whatever is decided.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
If there were to be a "Rules Of Handicapping" section I would welcome it.
Current threads are spread across 3 sections, Lounge, Ask The Experts and Rules Of Golf.
We have some knowledgeable and informative posters and it must be hard for them to search for the appropriate thread when they have information they wish to share.
If these and future threads were in one place, then there might be far less repetition of ideas and information.
This might be a benefit to the forum as a whole, members, guest readers and admin.

Steven Rules

Visit site
If there were to be a "Rules Of Handicapping" section I would welcome it.
Current threads are spread across 3 sections, Lounge, Ask The Experts and Rules Of Golf.
We have some knowledgeable and informative posters and it must be hard for them to search for the appropriate thread when they have information they wish to share.
If these and future threads were in one place, then there might be far less repetition of ideas and information.
This might be a benefit to the forum as a whole, members, guest readers and admin.
There are some good points in here. I also favour the idea of a separate sub forum for handicapping issues.

The handicapping questions that come up here are not related to the Rules of Golf 99% of the time. For the other 1%, where there is overlap, somebody can ask a moderator to move the thread across to the correct forum.

There is a core of experts on here who provide authoritative responses to Rules of Golf questions and a core of experts who provide expert responses to WHS-related questions but, by and large, the two groups of experts consist of different people. This further reinforces that the Rules and WHS issues encountered here can be kept quite separate from each other.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
There are some good points in here. I also favour the idea of a separate sub forum for handicapping issues.

The handicapping questions that come up here are not related to the Rules of Golf 99% of the time. For the other 1%, where there is overlap, somebody can ask a moderator to move the thread across to the correct forum.

There is a core of experts on here who provide authoritative responses to Rules of Golf questions and a core of experts who provide expert responses to WHS-related questions but, by and large, the two groups of experts consist of different people. This further reinforces that the Rules and WHS issues encountered here can be kept quite separate from each other.
Thanks for the feedback! I have added Handicapping to the subforum on the Rules of Golf, even though the two topics aren't identical. Neither section of the forum was very likely to explode in popularity, so combining them into one area is fine. It will be made that much easier if folks in the subforum use clear post titles, making it very clear whether they wish to discuss one topic or the other. We'll keep an eye on things and make adjustments down the road, if needed.