Royal Troon

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played here on Wednesday afternoon, what a place, class in every sense of the word. The front nine was ok with the wind behind but what a different story when we turned for home. Greens were in amazing condition for the time of year. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole afternoon, especially sneaking a wee win on the 18th.
Been a very luck boy in the fact I have played all three Ayrshire open venues in the last 6 months as well as Troon Portland, Dundonald and Gleneagles.
Here are some of my photos of the day

First tee

even a "burd" out watching

nicely revetted bunker

D

Deleted member 21258

Drooling, still living in hope.

Well done on the win.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks absolutely stunning - lucky you:)

Go on - how did you do at the Postage Stamp? Did it live up to expectation?

D

Deleted member 1147

When I went to watch the Open there the other year I couldn't quite believe how daunting the tee shots on 10 & 11 looked.
How were they to actually play?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brings back happy memories. I used to play there at least once a year as a guest of an elderly gentleman member who unfortunately isn't keeping too well now and his golfing days are over. The whole experience of the clubhouse, catering and golf is sadly dying out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great pics. You look at the tee marker and think the hole is a doddle and then see how scary the Postage Stamp looks off the tee with nowhere to miss. Sounds like you've had a great time in the last few months and very jealous

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looks superb, great photos

Enjoyed walking it in the Stenson/Mickleson shootout and vowed to add it yo the bucket list

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've played it a few times as a guest and think it is absolutely fantastic. My favourite memory is a 2 at the Postage Stamp after hitting a 4 iron into a bit of a breeze!

My favourite out of RT, Old Course (although that is the best experience), Muirfield and Carnoustie. Have not played Turnberry.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks absolutely stunning - lucky you:)

Go on - how did you do at the Postage Stamp? Did it live up to expectation?
Pushed my tee shot and missed green with my second shot lol. All from less than 120yds.
looks great really looking forward to playing there in Aug
You will love it, how long are you down for?
If you want a game at Gailes give me a shout.

When I went to watch the Open there the other year I couldn't quite believe how daunting the tee shots on 10 & 11 looked.
How were they to actually play?

From the championship tees they looked very difficult , we seemed to walk forever forward to the yellow tees so a bit easier. I believe members play those tees a couple of times a year

To think I use to like you Ally. :ears: :rofl:
I am sure you still do 😉😉

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for all the good comments about the photos, there were some more but decided to limit them

prob only be there a couple of days.

Playing Western, then Troon and Turnberry. Playing WG and Troon with members.

will let you know if we stay longer