Royal Ascot - Friday 24th

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is an interesting first hole for the first timer. Stand on the yellow tee first and it looks a nice gentle opener and then turn round and look up the banking to the white tees.

The rough isn't too bad at the moment but it depends on how your game is and how wildly you spray it. There use to be a 28 amongst my regular Saturday group (until he got cut at last) and even on a bad day three or four maximum is the most he's ever lost. The 2nd (OB tight right) and the 3rd (longish carry) are the only two real bad holes until 16 (OB tight left) 17 (OB tight right) and and 18 which has a small carry and OB right if you hit a real bad slice (plus a pond by the green). I'm sure anyone who played the forum day will be able to give you the benefits of their experience.

mattdeeks

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a look at the photo's of the holes today and looked at tip sheet. Looks very nice.

Anything I need to know before I rock up Homer?

Have you got ball markers there as well? Sad I know!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't wait till tomorrow lads, I've been dying to get out all week and play some Golf.

The first - its a par 4 for me, 2 points happy days.

See you about 9:00 ish.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Either 10 or 30 + over. Don't know why but I do love playing Ascot, it just seems to suit my game. Regardless of the fact I still blew up last time!