Router apps.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just received my router in advance of the fttp install next week.

Had a quick look at it doesnt appear to have an app for control of the settings, so I'll need to hard wire it to something to change the default settings.

Anyone use a 3rd party app they can recommend ?

I have asked if I can run it in modem mode and use my ASUS router but apparently you can do that unless you have the business package ☹️

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will surely have an IP address and a landing page for you to do any admin. Probably something like 192.168.0.1

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just received my router in advance of the fttp install next week.

Had a quick look at it doesnt appear to have an app for control of the settings, so I'll need to hard wire it to something to change the default settings.

Anyone use a 3rd party app they can recommend ?

I have asked if I can run it in modem mode and use my ASUS router but apparently you can do that unless you have the business package ☹️

@Rooter knows his Router.. :)

if you google ur router make, it will give you its standard landing page.. Would be something like 192.168.0.1

however, you will need its admin usrname/passwd to do anything. Should be at the bottom of your router.
I always cringe when using 3rd party apps - never know what is being stored and what is being passed over to the itnerweb. What if hackers get access to my wifi enabled coffee machine!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
AS per rooter once it is installed on the system you access it via the computer using a web browser.

It will 192.168.1. followed by a specific set of digits that are specific to the router .

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Asus has its own app which you can use to log into the router interface. TP link has one too.
I was wondering if there was a generic app that I could use.
I will hard wire my PC to the router so will be able to get in that way as usual.
I've never tried to use a mobile browser to get in using the IP address thingy.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My Asus has its own app which you can use to log into the router interface. TP link has one too.
I was wondering if there was a generic app that I could use.
I will hard wire my PC to the router so will be able to get in that way as usual.
I've never tried to use a mobile browser to get in using the IP address thingy.

What make is it?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just tried logging into the Asus on a mobile browser and it works so no need for an app anyway.
Thanks all for your help.

I have an ASUS mesh.. the app is fairly basic but can be useful at times. I haven’t used it in anger. I use it to see which devices are connected to which part of the mesh and they are all have enuf wifi coverage