Round the world acomodation advice

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We toured USA 2 years ago and stayed at a holiday inn at Fisherman’s Wharf great location and better than Holiday Inns in this country but yes it’s expensive in S/F.

We were only there for 3 days and took a tour to Yellowstone National Park beautiful place and highly recommend.
Cheers Riburnside, just had a look £375 a night 😳

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cheers Riburnside, just had a look £375 a night 😳

Ye that’s a lot of dosh Tash Air bb might be a better option hope you find somewhere, we also booked a tour to Muir Woods where the gaint Redwoods are and bus dropped us off at Solseleto , then got ferry across the bay and past Alcatraz

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
We toured USA 2 years ago and stayed at a holiday inn at Fisherman’s Wharf great location and better than Holiday Inns in this country but yes it’s expensive in S/F.

We were only there for 3 days and took a tour to Yellowstone National Park beautiful place and highly recommend.

@Tashyboy - I think @Rlburnside means Yosemite National Park, not Yellowstone... Yosemite is an utterly stunning place to visit.

We stayed in an AirB&B in SF in an area called ‘Nob Hill’; it was very nice and walkable to a lot of areas (it is obviously VERY hilly though). I think there has been a crackdown on AirB&B in SF since then though as a lot of neighbours don’t like the churn of people, so it may not have as many options these days.

We also did Sausalito - hired bikes and cycled across the Golden Gate Bridge, then got the ferry back past Alcatraz... was a nice day trip.

Alcatraz itself is pretty amazing as well... the audio tour is very good. The trips do get booked up, so if you fancy that book it ASAP - I did a double trip to Angel Island as well, which is the West Coast equivalent of Ellis Island as the Asia/Pacific port of entry to the US (interesting, but not worth it if you are short of time)

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
@Tashyboy - I think @Rlburnside means Yosemite National Park, not Yellowstone... Yosemite is an utterly stunning place to visit.

We stayed in an AirB&B in SF in an area called ‘Nob Hill’; it was very nice and walkable to a lot of areas (it is obviously VERY hilly though). I think there has been a crackdown on AirB&B in SF since then though as a lot of neighbours don’t like the churn of people, so it may not have as many options these days.

We also did Sausalito - hired bikes and cycled across the Golden Gate Bridge, then got the ferry back... was a nice day trip.

Alcatraz itself is pretty amazing as well... the audio tour is very good. The trips do get booked up, so if you fancy that book it ASAP - I did a double trip to Angel Island as well, which is the West Coast equivalent of Ellis Island as the Asia/Pacific port of entry to the US (interesting, but not worth it if you are short of time)

Yes thanks for correcting my mistake it was Yosemite.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Ye that’s a lot of dosh Tash Air bb might be a better option hope you find somewhere, we also booked a tour to Muir Woods where the gaint Redwoods are and bus dropped us off at Solseleto , then got ferry across the bay and past Alcatraz

Cheers riburnside and cake, think Airbnb could well be the favourite for SF. Bro in law said he wishes he had gone to solselto. Looking at Hawaii at the moment. Booked Brisbane and was chuffed to bits. Found no1 hotel in Sydney and thought £280 bargain. Er its £280 a night. Says it's a free mini bar though 😳

Tashyboy

Visit site
Big Tashyboy thanks to everyone on here, Missis Tash with some input from me have booked all flights and hotels/ apartments. Done a mixture of AirBNB, Expedia, tripadvisor, Hotels.com etc etc. Seems ironic that on a day hotel booking sites have come under fire, Tashyboy has got whiplash nodding at what he has read and heard. To say you have to do your homework is a massive understatement.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well done to you and your misses for organising that trip must have spent a lot of time online.

We had a 6 week trip all across the USA but I took the easy way out and got a agency to organise it for me.

Have a fantastic holiday and enjoy(y)

Sounds as though City were a bit nervy tonight.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Well done to you and your misses for organising that trip must have spent a lot of time online.

We had a 6 week trip all across the USA but I took the easy way out and got a agency to organise it for me.

Have a fantastic holiday and enjoy(y)

Sounds as though City were a bit nervy tonight.
They were not the only one that was nervy. As odd as it seems its like watching City of 20 years ago not knowing what a result could be. Which was usually a loss. Quite enjoying the relief of a win this year as against a steam roller if a win. Re booking the trip. It was quite easy and missis T booked a fair bit. But i booked all flights and picked most of the accomodation. Re booking on the net. Its odd how you look at something and a day or so later cookies shoe you something similar but cheaper.
Just got to sort out what currencies, sim cards for phone etc etc. 😳🤗👍
Thanks for your help me man. 😘