Round the world acomodation advice

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nah then. Yesterday Mr and Missis Tash booked flights from Manchester to San Francisco 3 night, honolulu 4 nights, Sydney 3 nights, Brisbane 10 nights Singapore 3 nights. Then home.
Heres me happy problem. Apart from the usual sites. Can anyone recommend anywhere to have perusal. Never tried Air bnb. Not fussed whether it is hotel or apartment. But any recommendations greatly appreciated. Longest stay is Brisbane coz lad is there. So a nice golf course could be pulled in so any recommendations again greatly appreciated. If you could all let me know in the next 2 hours coz am at a six year olds Party and its mental. 🤗😖😂
Failing that take your time.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Airbnb is your best option IMO. It’s a easy & really flexible.

The only issue maybe the late 2 way cancellation, but there loads of choice so just book another

Robin Hood

Visit site
Airbnb is your best option IMO. It’s a easy & really flexible.

The only issue maybe the late 2 way cancellation, but there loads of choice so just book another

Agree
AirBnB is a really good option.
As a family we have used them many times in the UK and abroad.
Choose carefully and you should be OK

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tashy, we have booked a number of places with Airbnb with no problems. The choose carefully comment probably relates to checking out the accommodation to make sure it is genuine. See the reviews, see if the place is also on other sites.

You are protected with Airbnb when you book via them so that aspect is fine. You just want to check that the place really is as described, you want lots of pictures, multiple reviews etc. Use some common sense and a bit of northern nous and you will be okay.

We've used it again for this year's summer holiday accommodation.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Robin how donyou mean choose carefully? Is there pits falls tips etc.
We always choose ones with a decent amount of good feedback, eg more than 5. We also like to go for complete premises rather than just a room in the owners house. Look at the extra costs eg cleaning, sometimes they are really high.
Remember to add on the Airbnb fee too. So the figure you see on line is less than the actual.
However there are some great properties and excellent owners out there.
I highly recommend it for short term accommodation.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Cheers Robin me man. Not done owt like this before so a bit blind have heard of the few horror stories. But not the millions of good stories. 👍

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If there is a place you fancy you can email the person, through the platform of course, who looks after it. Ask them some questions. Any doubts about the answers that come back, go to the next place.

I've only had good experiences, only heard good experiences. Do your homework and you will be okay.

Tashyboy

Visit site
With having a six and three yr old shouting grandad every two minutes, only had chance for a quick look on Airbnb. Seen a nice place in Waikiki/ Honolulu. Swear to god one of the pictures shows it looking over a golf course.😳🤔😁

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I rent out a holiday cottage through Airbnb and HomeAway. I’ve also used both sites loads of times to book accommodation. Not much difference between them from a punters perspective, if you check both you will get a greater choice as a lot of owners only use one or the other.

Basic rule of thumb, look for plenty of positive feedback and remember that if something looks too good to be true, it generally is.

Also, if you see somewhere you like, google the name of the property or search for it on Facebook, most owners will give you a better price if you book direct with them. Obviously it’s a bit riskier as you don’t get the same level of protection, so be sensible and go with your gut instinct.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I rent out a holiday cottage through Airbnb and HomeAway. I’ve also used both sites loads of times to book accommodation. Not much difference between them from a punters perspective, if you check both you will get a greater choice as a lot of owners only use one or the other.

Basic rule of thumb, look for plenty of positive feedback and remember that if something looks too good to be true, it generally is.

Also, if you see somewhere you like, google the name of the property or search for it on Facebook, most owners will give you a better price if you book direct with them. Obviously it’s a bit riskier as you don’t get the same level of protection, so be sensible and go with your gut instinct.

Odd you should say " if it looks to good to be true" saw a place in San Francisco. Looked gorgeous and cheap, only 3 people have given feedback. Flippin Eck SF is expensive. Tomorrow looks like being a looking and booking day. Not got the sprogs for 6 hours. Will have a look at Home away possibly tonight. Got a RBL Meeting on an hour and off to the game straight after with bro in law who is chair of local RBL branch and an Arsenal fan..
Cheers rude boy.

D

Deleted Member 1156

No wonder the mining industry went down the pan, must have been paying a king's ransom into the pension fund :eek:

Tashyboy

Visit site
At the moment me and Missis T have booked Brisbane and Sydney. Brisbane is the Sky Tower, think the people working on that are twinned with the Spurs stadium. Hopefully be finished when we get there. Sydney is nice, booked through Air BnB. Chuffed to bits about that. However saw a nice place in San Francisco. Through AirBNB. After extras it went up £200. 😳Cough splutter.
Had a good matter with a good lady friend in Italy who has been to SF and Hawaii. She mentioned that she has booked Air BNB and it s good, but you run the risk of owners cancelling a few days earlier which leaves you in limbo trying to book summat else last minute, which has happened to her. That aside its not stopped us. Only Singapore, Jawaii and SF to sort out.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We toured USA 2 years ago and stayed at a holiday inn at Fisherman’s Wharf great location and better than Holiday Inns in this country but yes it’s expensive in S/F.

We were only there for 3 days and took a tour to Yellowstone National Park beautiful place and highly recommend.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
With having a six and three yr old shouting grandad every two minutes, only had chance for a quick look on Airbnb. Seen a nice place in Waikiki/ Honolulu. Swear to god one of the pictures shows it looking over a golf course.😳🤔😁

There is a "Muni" just back from the main drag in Waikiki... had a beer there but didnt play...(might not be an actual muni but it wasnt one of the posh ones!) Stayed at Hawaiian Regent on the beach...well worth it if you can get a decent rate! Go and play Ko-olau... has the highest slope index in all of America!