Rocketbladez irons

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Who has them and what's your take on them ? Have they changed your game or brought the consistency you craved

drs1878

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried these during my recent iron fitting..

Couldn't get on with them with any consistancy.... no doubting when i got it they went....

But then i am a 20 handicapper so consistancy isn't my strong point !!!

My initial thoughts were there very light !!!

Chopper007

Hacker
Visit site
I had the non-tour version, got fitted for them with flightscope. Got them out on the course and could not get use to them. Ended up going back and got fitted for the R11 irons. Funny enough I was hitting the R11 6 iron 10 yards further than the Rocketbladez 6 iron. I now play all TM and don't mean to slate them, but maybe it is the marketing when it comes to Rocketbladez. Didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for anyone else.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have them from 4-pw with kbs tour shafts. I came from a strong loft iron anyway (burner2.0)

My iron play today is the strongest part of my game, off centre shots are very forgiving. Distance wise they the strong, and control is very good. I get decent spin from my shorter irons, had a playing lesson last week and my pro nabbed my 9 iron and stuck it to 2ft on a short par 3.

Overall, I am very impressed. I think having a shaft fitting helped, I hit them with the normal rocketfuel shafts and they were no better than my burners, however with the kbs in, they were mega. They give quite a loud crack sound when you strike the ball, I personally quite like it, but can see others hating it. I prefered the look of the tours, but in the end stuck with the normal ones as the consistency was so much better. I am now confident on hitting greens again! And the 4 iron off the tee is now a regular part of my game on tight fairways.

Overall, one very very happy customer here (ok I got them for free! But hey, I would be as chuffed if I had shelled out rrp for them)

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been waiting for this review rooter. Going to wait for a taylormade demo day and go. Was there that much improvement in the shafts ? I do like the tours appearance tho

Dan1984

Club Champion
Visit site
I had the non-tour version, got fitted for them with flightscope. Got them out on the course and could not get use to them. Ended up going back and got fitted for the R11 irons. Funny enough I was hitting the R11 6 iron 10 yards further than the Rocketbladez 6 iron. I now play all TM and don't mean to slate them, but maybe it is the marketing when it comes to Rocketbladez. Didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for anyone else.

I too went from TM R11 to the non-tour rocketbladez and I too could not get on with them! My iron play went from being the strongest part of my game to the weakest by far!!
Thought about going back to the R11's but then decided to move away from taylormade which I'm now wishing I'd done a lot earlier in my career lol

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been waiting for this review rooter. Going to wait for a taylormade demo day and go. Was there that much improvement in the shafts ? I do like the tours appearance tho

Likewise, the tour was so much more appealing to the eye, but the tours for me were way less forgiving, off centre strikes were obvious. Off centre now, I may lose 10 yards or drift wide, but they do go there or there abouts... Looking at yr handicap, you can obviously play, off centre shots will be less than me per round, so maybe the tours may suit better. Depends what want, distance or control and finesse.

The standard fuel shaft in stiff for me was too soft, ballooning ball flight and dispersion was a mess. The kbs for me just tightened it all up, gave better awareness of where the club was, and kept the flight lower. I do swing quite quick, but I have slowed down since the fitting and the irons have got better in all honesty.

I would deffo recommend a fitting day where they have a good selection of shafts, also don't dismiss the tours, might be the one for you. Bt the standard are a good ten yards longer than the tours...

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the non tour with kbs tour reg shafts, not a fan still as like above find them too light. I also find them wierd when playing little pitches around the green, feel almost hollow with little feel.

I am persevering but they may well get resigned to the spares bag for a set of heavier headed ones.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I have the non tour with kbs tour reg shafts, not a fan still as like above find them too light. I also find them wierd when playing little pitches around the green, feel almost hollow with little feel.

I am persevering but they may well get resigned to the spares bag for a set of heavier headed ones.

What's this, When GM Giveaways go Bad? Still, at least you didn't say you'd stick them on ebay ;)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I got rid I would do so via here for a donation only. I am sticking with them though as there are slight signs of improvement. its more mental I think :)

(and a severe lack of ability)

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Who has them and what's your take on them ? Have they changed your game or brought the consistency you craved

A mate of mine bought some and played with them at Chart Hills for the first time. I was there during the round.
He played well from tee to green, consistent. Not sure about getting extra length as I didn't ask him but considering this was his first round since hitting them in the shop he played very well indeed.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

why were you fitted for such heavy shafts (which make the heads feel light) if you need to feel heavier headed clubs?

doesn't make any sense at all.

if you want to make them feel 'heavier' just replace the shafts with DG SLs or similar - it would do exactly that.

weird

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
its what worked at the time. the fitting was quite short tbh so probably me getting a bit carried away with it all.

so a lighter shaft may counter the heads, interesting. I wonder if the TM tour van will do a retro fit :p

A

Alex1975

its what worked at the time. the fitting was quite short tbh so probably me getting a bit carried away with it all.

so a lighter shaft may counter the heads, interesting. I wonder if the TM tour van will do a retro fit :p

I think its a question of swing weight and not overall weight if the head feels too light for you.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its a question of swing weight and not overall weight if the head feels too light for you.

indeed

even easier to swap out the grips for really light ones and keep the shafts...

will probably pay a price in terms of clubhead speed

starting point for me would be a little lead tape on the 7 iron to change the swingweight and see how I reacted to the different feel - however, the real problem from the sound of it is likely to be reacting to the feel rather than the performance

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
yeah it is more feel than anything else, I have a feeling my previous sets being x tour forged, ping g10 & titleist 775cb's were obviously a tad meatier weight wise in the head.

I have barely played any golf this year due to health/work & the weather so plenty of time ahead to get used to them. When hit well they dont half go but I have found dispersion very hit and miss.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had a fitting with my Pro a few weeks ago and had no real preferences other than I could not stand over some clumpy looking Pings. One of the irons i tried was the RBZ's but they seemed to lack feel to me. He used a 'Flight Scope' along with a 'lie board' for the fitting and I eventually ended up with Pings after all but i20's, 2 degrees upright. I got the best results from the stats and they felt great through the ball.

So I have just picked up my new Shineys, well more of a satin finish actually and will be giving them a blast this week.