Rickg RIP

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Got a smile on my face remembering his ever present grin.
;););)

It was a great touch you did with the ribbons down at Cooden in 2016 just after he passed, I was struggling but everyone was great.

It was quite surreal as Cooden Beach was one of the first times I played with Rick in 2012, and the rest is history as they say.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to share a few fairways with Rick, he is one of the reasons why I always have a smile on my face and why I enjoy every round of golf no matter how crap.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I was lucky enough to share a few fairways with Rick, he is one of the reasons why I always have a smile on my face and why I enjoy every round of golf no matter how crap.
Likewise, I've been a recipient of his generous company and hospitality - at his beloved Centurion Club - several times.

Often in thoughts. Sadly missed.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of my only regrets in life is that I never got to play with Rick. We were trying to line up a trip to Centurion went he left us.
A true Forum Legend.
RIP Mate(y):cry:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still hard to believe he's no longer with us - a larger than life character if there ever was one. Sadly missed. RIP Rick.

D

Deleted member 1740

Rick is always in my thoughts, that weekend with him in Aberdeen and playing Carnoustie with him will never be beaten.

RIP Rick.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My last game with Rick was at Hillside with Pokerjoke and Upside-down. What a hoot from start to finish! And the endearing image in my mind was of him sitting down for breakfast at Carnoustie. By heck could he demolish a full Scottish, in this instance. Him sat there with a fork full of bacon laughing at those teeing off in the early rain - needless to say the sun was shining when he went out to play.

And my god he could laugh at himself. What a man!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
My last game with Rick was at Hillside with Pokerjoke and Upside-down. What a hoot from start to finish! And the endearing image in my mind was of him sitting down for breakfast at Carnoustie. By heck could he demolish a full Scottish, in this instance. Him sat there with a fork full of bacon laughing at those teeing off in the early rain - needless to say the sun was shining when he went out to play.

And my god he could laugh at himself. What a man!
Still remains my best day on a golf course ever , only time I met him but what a day and made a lasting impression .

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We did a lot together, and it was all brilliant. One of the best was the Trilby at Goodwood, the dash to LHR, nearly missing the plane, for the GM trip to Carton House.

The birthday bash in Bushey, with him and Pieman, playing darts at 3am, Rick running round the pub, compression layer pulled up over his head, causing me to be late for my 7am Foursomes tee time.

Blagging pud at the London club, because there was no sausage in a bun earlier.

Loads of memories. Lovely bloke. Miss him loads.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Still such a shock that we never see him gracing places like Sunningdale and a big hole in my back pocket where I use to keep Rick on forum meets (having taken qualifying spots and cash off him a few times!!!!!). Sorry I couldn't get to Fish's day this week, but can I ask how his wife and family are fairing these days?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Like others I was blessed to have spent time with one of the nicest guys you could want to meet, whether it was on the golf course, travelling there, or in a bar or restaurant or hung over the next morning! Many memories of one of the real good guys whose time came far far too soon. Have raised a glass as he would have!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I met Rick at my first Forum meet at The Addington.

A few of us got there early and were sitting on one of the sofas and in walked this guy dressed very smartly in colourful golf clothes.
He joined us and was soon telling his stories - of course it was Rickg! There were quite a few gathered round after a while and I thought then, what a great way to start a forum meet.

I met him a few times after that,mostly at Cooden and although I didnt get to play a round with him he was always good fun at the meal after.
Him and Smiffy joking with the waitress asking to see her tattoo!! Priceless!!