Return of an old friend

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As our greens are getting faster, I decided to rest my Rife Hybrid Mallet putter and bring back my MacGregor M6.4K GT for yesterdays medal. After not using it regularly for a few years I decided to give it another run out. Despite its age and 'love it or hate it' looks I've never fallen out with it and always re-gripped it when required.
Well, it was a delight to use it again. It's such a well balanced putter and has a lovely touch and feel despite its apparent bulk. My putts all went where I pointed and I was sinking 6,8,10, even 20 footers.
It will be staying in the bag for a while methinks.
Welcome back old friend.
vfoil_putter_side.jpg

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive got the rife two bar hybrid just find it a great putter although it's beginning to look a bit old now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As our greens are getting faster, I decided to rest my Rife Hybrid Mallet putter and bring back my MacGregor M6.4K GT for yesterdays medal. After not using it regularly for a few years I decided to give it another run out. Despite its age and 'love it or hate it' looks I've never fallen out with it and always re-gripped it when required.
Well, it was a delight to use it again. It's such a well balanced putter and has a lovely touch and feel despite its apparent bulk. My putts all went where I pointed and I was sinking 6,8,10, even 20 footers.
It will be staying in the bag for a while methinks.
Welcome back old friend.
View attachment 27729
Hope it works. I've stuck my two ball fang back in the bag on a whim. Figure as I haven't hit a ball in two weeks because of my back a different putter can't make my putting any worse next time I see a course.

D

Deleted member 21258

Its looks industrial, I like that look, so quite like the look of the putter and if it works then even better.(y)

BTW those holes look like they would be handy to keep your tees and pencils in, multi purpose ;)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Its looks industrial, I like that look, so quite like the look of the putter and if it works then even better.(y)

BTW those holes look like they would be handy to keep your tees and pencils in, multi purpose ;)
It has been described variously as a bicycle pedal and a branding iron! :LOL:
I actually quite like the fact it looks as it does because it does provoke comments ;)