Rescue clubs/Recovery woods/Hybrids

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer and all.
Thanks for the comments. It's not that I think I need to keep a "tidy set" it's just that I wouldn't actually want to part with any of my existing irons. I quite like my 3 & 4 and so just wouldn't know which clubs to ditch. For Lloydy84's scenario, I'd just whip out the 4 iron. I guess I could lose a fairway wood though?

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
15deg 3 wood + 17deg hybrid + 3i seems to do the trick for me. Plugs all the distance gaps and gives me shot making options.

I now only use my 3i when I need to rather than having to hit it as far as I can on par 5s/long 4s. It's a hell of a lot easier for me to cut/hook a 3i around trees than it is my hybrid or 3w.

ianmc

Club Champion
Visit site
at my course if you miss the short stuff off the tee knee high rough awaits on a lot of holes hybrids are far easier to use out of the rough.200yds from the green i know which club id use and it wouldnt be a long iron.ian mc

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
at my course if you miss the short stuff off the tee knee high rough awaits on a lot of holes hybrids are far easier to use out of the rough.200yds from the green i know which club id use and it wouldnt be a long iron.ian mc
Again Ian, i agree, 3 irons are useless anywhere outside the tees and short stuff.