Removing a shaft adaptor

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've bought a Miyzaki JDL shaft which was fitted to a Cleveland Classic Custom XL driver and would like to remove the adapter so that I can fit a TM adapter.

Has anybody any experience of removing adaptors without a puller or would you simply drop it into the pro shop and let them do it for you?

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You will wreck the adaptor but save the shaft if you do it carefully,use a heat gun and remove the same as you would a club head,don't twist the shaft or you will wreck it

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm not worried about the adaptor and was thinking along the lines of putting a screw in the adapter and clamping the screw in a vice and then applying heat to the base of the adaptor while applying pressure to the shaft by pulling with the other hand.

I was hoping to get some feedback, good or bad by members who had removed adapters this way.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just heat it till the epoxy melts and use pliers to hold the adapter. No need to ruin adapter or shaft if you do it carefully.

D

Deleted Member 1156

As stated, do NOT twist the shaft or adapter or you will split the fibres on the shaft. You must pull it straight off. I would get it done properly as you can easily ruin an expensive shaft.

barryboy

Visit site
I cant find anywhere that will remove a covert adapter without them saying there is a chance this specific adapter will be damaged so it is at your own risk. Never been told that before with other brands.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
After a chat with one of the local pro shops they offered to do it at a reasonable cost. Hopefully the replacement R1 adaptor will arrive mid week and I'll be able to try it out next weekend, weather permitting.