Refurbished golf balls

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I actually found one when out with the missus yesterday. The text looks kind of too thick and dark compared to the real thing. Obviously it says 'refurbished' on it as well so you know anyway. But I wonder if it is a Pro V1 originally or not. I need Rick Shiels' ball-chopping tool to cut it in half really!

Attachments

• 20220313_171113.jpg
    20220313_171113.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220313_171123.jpg
    20220313_171123.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220313_171211.jpg
    20220313_171211.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 4

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I actually found one when out with the missus yesterday. The text looks kind of too thick and dark compared to the real thing. Obviously it says 'refurbished' on it as well so you know anyway. But I wonder if it is a Pro V1 originally or not. I need Rick Shiels' ball-chopping tool to cut it in half really!

I'd leave Rick Shiels chopper well alone if I were you ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The Kirkland ball is actually very good. Well worth checking out at the price
I didn't like the Kirkland when I tried it. Felt too soft off the putter (Scotty Futura 8x) and too much spin for my liking. I play the AVX, so it was a noticeable different feel.
Goes to show everyone's different!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I didn't like the Kirkland when I tried it. Felt too soft off the putter (Scotty Futura 8x) and too much spin for my liking. I play the AVX, so it was a noticeable different feel.
Goes to show everyone's different!

It's like any ball though. Some have their own preferences on what they want from a ball and then look for a ball to match those. I thought for a premium ball at a reasonable price it was a good all rounder. I agree there are others that will feel different or spin less/more

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
It's like any ball though. Some have their own preferences on what they want from a ball and then look for a ball to match those. I thought for a premium ball at a reasonable price it was a good all rounder. I agree there are others that will feel different or spin less/more
For sure. I wasn't saying you were wrong at all, Homer. Just thought it good to say why I didn't like it, in case there's others like me out there (rare, I imagine! ?)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Something like this is a false economy when you can get so many good balls new at decent prices these days. You don't know the provenance of refurbished (or lake IMO) balls and it takes one bit of doubt out of the game.