Recommendations - stay/play near M1 - en route to Wentworth

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Morning folks,

September for the BMW PGA 👍
Travelling down on the Thursday, where would advise trying to get into?

Bonus for me would be reasonable traveling time to Wentworth on the following morning.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've not stayed there myself but I've heard it is top notch. Course should be in very good condition in September.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played it several times, really like it... never actually stayed there, but hear good things.

I was asked to mystery shop it for an Agency a couple of years back.. Wife and I had breaky and lunch, 18 holes for 2 in a buggy....snack at half way house. Drove away saying what a great day, but actual cost approached £500! :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played it several times, really like it... never actually stayed there, but hear good things.

I was asked to mystery shop it for an Agency a couple of years back.. Wife and I had breaky and lunch, 18 holes for 2 in a buggy....snack at half way house. Drove away saying what a great day, but actual cost approached £500! :)
I've stayed there. Wasn't bowled over by the room itself but the quality of the service and the food were top class. I've been lucky that I've played the course five or six times and never had to pay. Not sure I would pay the asking price as it's a decent course, but not one that really gets me overly excited

D

Deleted member 21258

How about Woburn?

Done similar a couple of times when driving down south (not for pga and not sure how high up you are), and we normally look to play 36 holes at Woburn on the way down south, and either stay local to Woburn at the Travelodge a few minutes away or after golf drive to a Travelodge near the next destination. Means not a lot wasted on accommodation costs and the money spent on golf.:)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it was me I would probably look to split the golf and stay up personally, dont think there are any particularly great options en route. Would find a decent track you fancy playing then look for accommodation between there and Wentworth

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If it was me I would probably look to split the golf and stay up personally, dont think there are any particularly great options en route. Would find a decent track you fancy playing then look for accommodation between there and Wentworth

this, personally i would try and stay as near as you can to WW, i can't imagine the M25 traffic has eased in the 12 years since i last drove round it;)

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morning folks,

September for the BMW PGA 👍
Travelling down on the Thursday, where would advise trying to get into?

Bonus for me would be reasonable traveling time to Wentworth on the following morning.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

I would be very happy to host you at Welwyn Garden City on the Thursday, you could then drive on to be closer to Wentworth so you have an easier drive on the Friday morning.