Rangefinder battery ??

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My newly purchased rangefinder seems to burn through batteries. It came supplied with one, which I assume is a cheapo and it didn't last long, so today it was loaded with a new energiser one. Three holes in it was showing empty battery indicator ?? Swapped it with the 2nd one of the two pack, few holes later, empty battery indicator.

Now I don't expect the cheapo it came with to last long but I do expect x2 energiser batteries lasting longer than a few holes, could it be the cold ?? as it now shows with full battery when back home ??

The auto-shutoff is working after 10 seconds.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In my opinion it must be something wrong with the range finder. I bought mine last year for christmas and only change the battery 1-st time this september. Just to add it has plenty of use, Im playing 4/5 times a week and use it on every hole.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My GPS switched itself off almost immediately today with fully charged batteries. I took out the batteries and left them in my pocket for a couple holes it then worked for about 10 holes before switching itself off again. Reckon it must have been how cold it was.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
My newly purchased rangefinder seems to burn through batteries. It came supplied with one, which I assume is a cheapo and it didn't last long, so today it was loaded with a new energiser one. Three holes in it was showing empty battery indicator ?? Swapped it with the 2nd one of the two pack, few holes later, empty battery indicator.

Now I don't expect the cheapo it came with to last long but I do expect x2 energiser batteries lasting longer than a few holes, could it be the cold ?? as it now shows with full battery when back home ??

The auto-shutoff is working after 10 seconds.

how sure are you that the energiser battery is genuine? i must have Baught a batch of fake duracells off ebay and they didn't last a day. Baught one from the corner shop and its still good 14 months later

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd do a warm test at home, see how that works, but sounds like not right. My generic starter battery lasted me about 30 rounds.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
how sure are you that the energiser battery is genuine? i must have Baught a batch of fake duracells off ebay and they didn't last a day. Baught one from the corner shop and its still good 14 months later

Bought from Asdas, kinda expecting them not to sell fakes ??

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Supplied battery lasted 2 years. I'm over a year into my second battery (Nikon Coolshot 20).

It gets used a lot in the summer, at least 3 rounds a week, plus one round a week in the winter.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
When i Bought mine it came with battery and two identical rat one last about 18mths, put second one in a few months ago and up u till last weekend it was fine. Switched on during round and flashed low battery. Brought it inside to replace battery and a few hours in the warm it was fine again .... now leave it inside and not in my golf bag. Has been fine since.

Could easily be the battery not liking the cold. Further testing required in the warmth, don't panic yet.

smith931

Visit site
Dear mate,
I think it’s not your battery fault. I also use the same battery, not give any problem. I think there something wrong with your range finder. If your range finder have warranty you can contract with the provider.

D

Deleted Member 1156

My Nikon battery indicator always shows half full/empty even when I put a new battery in. Generally though they last at least 6 months, probably longer.

smith931

Visit site
Hi, adasko. I agree with you. I think, there might be a problem with his rangefinder. I also used the same battery and service is good, no complain.