random strangers to play golf with.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mick if most people had read your post correctly I think they would have found the following.........

Standing by the ball "practice swinging" 5 times is irritating and that the guy wasn't that interesting conversation wise!

We have all stood on the tee watching the group in front do the first and then top it and then go to the ball again and do exactly the same (and again and again)It's the same as an entire 4 ball looking for one lost ball it's just plain irritating!

And how many of us have been stuck on a training course with a guy who's conversation put's you into a coma it's the same on a golf course only you are suppossed to enjoy yourself at a training course ha ha ha!!

Enjoy it for what it is, a great game that anybody can play and one that teaches us so much about ourselves both good and bad no more no less

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mick,Bon Dia.

Greetings from Portugal!

I will invite you also to re-read my posts.

We both made a similar point in different ways.

It is irrelevant the handicap differences(which you pointed out by the way) if I hadnt been helped by people who knew I wouldnt be here with 15 guys who want to play with me and enjoy my company.

I was painful! It is our duty to help people and I hope this guy has not put you off playing with strangers.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I found out yesterday that its not just random strangers that can be plonkers.

I usually play with this fella who was a one ball and we joined up and for the last few months he joined me and my mate, yesterday all he could do was talk about himself and when I or my mate played well he started sulking and if he played a decent shot (of which I saw none) he was all smiles expecting one of us to dance around singing. Anyway on the 13th par 3 he just walked up to the tee after I had got a par on the last hole (a great score for me on that one) and just tee'd off, I was like wtf so thought no probs and tee'd off, once I had done this he picks up his bag and just starts walking down to his topped shot whilst my mate hadnt even tee'd off!!! I have never prayed for a ball to hit anyone but I was close.