Random aches and illness thread

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mean, I thought this was a splinter at first but now I'm not sure. Looks like a blister or a burn, but I don't remember doing anything to it. Are there any doctors online? šŸ¤”

Screenshot_20240426_192826_Gallery.jpg

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Iā€™m nearly two months into the chest infection from Hell. Started with an underlying infection which caused an inner ear problem and vertigo symptoms. I very quickly developed a dry cough, which soon became a persistent hacking cough which I have had for about six weeks. Itā€™s only now starting to clear up after a second lot of antibiotics.

One of the worst elements of it, and Iā€™ve never had it before, has been laryngospasm. Look it up. To paraphrase, itā€™s when your vocal cords go into spasm and effectively stop you from breathing. A persistent cough causing irritation of the throat is one cause. Itā€™s happened to me about three times, and itā€™s terrifying.

If I was a gambling man Iā€™d say all this has been caused by a bout of COVID, but the three tests I did were all negative.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mean, I thought this was a splinter at first but now I'm not sure. Looks like a blister or a burn, but I don't remember doing anything to it. Are there any doctors online? šŸ¤”

View attachment 52999
So... It's taken me a while to put two and two together on this one. But I have found a couple of other smaller blisters on my fingers, had a sore throat that felt like tonsillitis, and last week my little girl had hand, foot & mouth. So now I'm thinking I may have caught that. Luckily the symptoms are very minor in adults, but they sure are annoying!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So... It's taken me a while to put two and two together on this one. But I have found a couple of other smaller blisters on my fingers, had a sore throat that felt like tonsillitis, and last week my little girl had hand, foot & mouth. So now I'm thinking I may have caught that. Luckily the symptoms are very minor in adults, but they sure are annoying!

You supposed to get your excuses in before a match not after šŸ¤£

Tashyboy

Please donā€™t ask to see my tatts šŸ‘
Visit site
I suffer with insomnia. So whilst on holiday I was advised by someone that whilst going to sleep, lay in bed and say I love my body. Start at the toes and work your way up to your head.

Off I went.
I love my toes. I have a fungal right big toe nail.
I love my metatarsals. Who goes to bed loving there metatarsals. At that point I realised I would get no sleep. I realised I was the only person in the world loving there metatarsals.
Foolishly I continued
I love my ankles. I have a modified Bostrum repair on my left ankle where I snapped the ligament off.
I love my calves. Actually they are like Jack Grealish calves and are as tight as Doon form toons wallet.
I love my knees. Apart from an arthroscopy on the left they sound like a glacier calving every morning.
I love my bum, I have two tattoos up my cavity due to colonoscopy.
I love my pecker. Prostate used as a dart board 40 ish times looking for cancer.
I love my back, friends call me Quasimodo. 36 years of mining.
I love my arms, tennis elbow in the right arm
I love my hands, vibration white finger. 36 years of mining.
I love my neck, fractured C6 being a good guy trying to stop someone having the poo kicked out of them
I love my nose, broken at 4 yrs old trying to run under a swing.said swing twatted me on bridge of nose
I love my ears, tinnitus, ringing like the clappers as I type.
I love my eyes, I am boz eyed.

On a positive I have hair. Itā€™s Grey.

Suffice to say this is my only comment on this thread and I still have insomnia.

I also think thatā€™s why my natural drive has a fade. Bodys knackered.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Iā€™m nearly two months into the chest infection from Hell. Started with an underlying infection which caused an inner ear problem and vertigo symptoms. I very quickly developed a dry cough, which soon became a persistent hacking cough which I have had for about six weeks. Itā€™s only now starting to clear up after a second lot of antibiotics.

One of the worst elements of it, and Iā€™ve never had it before, has been laryngospasm. Look it up. To paraphrase, itā€™s when your vocal cords go into spasm and effectively stop you from breathing. A persistent cough causing irritation of the throat is one cause. Itā€™s happened to me about three times, and itā€™s terrifying.

If I was a gambling man Iā€™d say all this has been caused by a bout of COVID, but the three tests I did were all negative.
I had a very similar thing in January not as bad as yours obviously šŸ˜‰
But didnā€™t realise it can affect your voice.
I havnt been able to sing for months ( no jokes thank you) and I start straining if I talk to much.

But I did have some breathing problems. My doc never mentioned this.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I had a very similar thing in January not as bad as yours obviously šŸ˜‰
But didnā€™t realise it can affect your voice.
I havnt been able to sing for months ( no jokes thank you) and I start straining if I talk to much.

But I did have some breathing problems. My doc never mentioned this.

Itā€™s something normally associated with acid reflux but anything which causes long term irritation of the throat can trigger it.

After some serious coughing fits I just found that my throat felt constricted to the point I literally could not draw breath. It lasts for about 20-30 seconds but is like choking. Once I knew how to mitigate it I was fine but the first couple of episodes frightened me to death!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Iā€™ve got:

Dodgy right ankle
Arthritic knees
Painful finger joints
Torn rotator cuff in left shoulder
Impingement in right shoulder
Muddled brain

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Itā€™s something normally associated with acid reflux but anything which causes long term irritation of the throat can trigger it.

After some serious coughing fits I just found that my throat felt constricted to the point I literally could not draw breath. It lasts for about 20-30 seconds but is like choking. Once I knew how to mitigate it I was fine but the first couple of episodes frightened me to death!
I wasnā€™t that bad just some catching my breath for no apparent reason.