Raised right heal at address.

Captain_Black

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have been working on my slice with my Driver & 3 wood, having tried everything, I started raising my right heal at address through to imoact & finishing on my toes, what a difference! I was hitting the ball really well today & my accuracy with the irons improved as well. I suppose that before I did this my weight must have got stuck on my back foot & by doing this I must be hitting through the ball better.

does anyone else do this? Is it ok to carry on with this method or would it be better in the long run to work on a proper weight transfer?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont raise the heal but im learning towards a stack and tilt swing and what i think you are effectively doing is keeping most of your weight on the left leg through the swing...
I was struggling with getting my weight over to the left foot with only the driver and since keeping it there at address its been a huge help.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i struggle with my balance enough without keeping my heel off the ground. i know this is a drill for hitting cleaner chip shots

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You may of had a sway onto your back foot in the passed. This drill will help you stay more centred during the back swing.
I dont see any harm in continuing with it until the sway has gone

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I actually have the back right stud of my right foot raised at address. I didn't know about it until the GM\Footjoy day at Carton House last year when none other then Padraig Harrington pointed it out. I asked him if it was a problem and he said "If you keep hitting the ball like that, keep doing it!"

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I have been working on my slice with my Driver & 3 wood

Not sure that's a great idea! :D Better to work on Straight imo!

Would seem that you are preventing swaying/excessive weight shift.

I'd suggest that there's something more fundamental going on (the weight shift/sway etc) that you are compensating for.

Would certainly seem to limit your ability to 'drive the down-swing from the ground up' as per Pete Cowen and others before him.

Last edited: