Q for Bobmac

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
What effect does hitting the driver with feet together have on ones swing? What I mean to say is how much does the width of the stance effect the plane? if at all

I have been working on alignment for a couple of weeks. Feet closed, shoulders open.
Can hit it reasonable on the range with club on floor etc but struggled on the course.
Any who, tried it on the course today with a marginal space between my feet. Kept in balance, full turn but didn't try to whelt it (or I would have fallen over :eek: ). I know that I wasn't driving through with my legs but, I got good distance and it was as straight as I have consistently hit the driver on the course.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Good question Vig.
The swing plane is set at address and is the angle between the shaft and the ground

kp.jpg

If you stand with your feet together and your knees straight, your hands will be a bit higher than normal therefor changing the plane slightly.
Having the feet together limits the sliding of the hips and improves your turn.
Standing with a narrow stance and turning inside the gate has the same affect.
I hope that answers your Q. :)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, would sliding of the hips promote a slice/push? If so, that's probably contributed to the shot shape I have been trying to get rid of with the big dog

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Next time you practice, stand with your feet together and try and swing out to in on the downswing. Apologies if you hurt yourself falling over :D
Its a great excercise to develop a good turn.
If you want to be super duper clever, cross your right foot over your left and hit some half shots. That keeps you centred :)
Have fun :D

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
in the photo of the man above the guys back isnt straight enough. just a little pointer there

The next time I see the WORLD No. 5 , I'll pass on your criticism

Too late, I've already emailed him to say that some muppets from a golf forum have solved his lack of talent..... :)

I also told him off for putting so poorly at Augusta.....

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
in the photo of the man above the guys back isnt straight enough. just a little pointer there

The next time I see the WORLD No. 5 , I'll pass on your criticism

Too late, I've already emailed him to say that some muppets from a golf forum have solved his lack of talent..... :)

I also told him off for putting so poorly at Augusta.....

I know what he needs :cool: