Pyle and Kenfig GC

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing here on Monday in a works competition. I have heard it is a quite tricky course, especially the back 9. Anyone played it before and have any tips?

Cheers

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only played it once. It’s fairly tight around some holes, lots of gorse bushes to avoid. The greens are quite big. I’m sure it will be in great shape with the recent good weather we have had. Enjoy!

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Try to not get bogged down in hitting driver everywhere some holes play a lot shorter than the yardage and driver brings the danger into play depending on how far you hit it.

As said previously the fairways can be quite narrow, but its a fantastic course im sure you will have a great day.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Try to not get bogged down in hitting driver everywhere some holes play a lot shorter than the yardage and driver brings the danger into play depending on how far you hit it.

As said previously the fairways can be quite narrow, but its a fantastic course im sure you will have a great day.
Driver can be a bit temperamental so may not come out much😀
Thanks for the advice, really looking forward to it

D

Deleted Member 1156

Very much a course of two halves. The front 9 on one side of the road has a bit of a moorland feel to it while the back 9 on the other side is pure dunesy links.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Very much a course of two halves. The front 9 on one side of the road has a bit of a moorland feel to it while the back 9 on the other side is pure dunesy links.

Yep, that’s about it...and half way round the back nine you look across a reserve , where if that’s where the course was, it would be world class.... story says Sir Terry of Celtic Manor was making noises about wanting to build a links over there.... authorities said no way...

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yep, that’s about it...and half way round the back nine you look across a reserve , where if that’s where the course was, it would be world class.... story says Sir Terry of Celtic Manor was making noises about wanting to build a links over there.... authorities said no way...
I was told by a member when I played there that many years ago the club had the option to buy that land but turned it down! Fools :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think you are right Ian, it would be the best links in Wales! :)

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to be a member of p&k it will be in top condition this time of year,i have heard they’re struggling with the greens this year though as there’s been a outbreak locally with leather jackets which the birds then peck out of the greens leaving lots of damage .
my advice to score well around there is like anywhere just keep the ball in play you can get away with spraying a bit on the front 9 but the back nine can be a tough if your having a poor day don’t be afraid to lay up on some of the holes .
It’s a fantastic course with great facilities enjoy!!! 🏌️‍♂️

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a good day, but back 9 was brutal! For a high handicapper off the whites it was a lot of long carries over gorse and hills to even find the fairway. Two rounds cost me a dozen balls - glad I didn’t use pro v’s 🤪

Greens were good but you could see the leather jackets popping up, no damage from the birds yet though