PXG

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with a fella in an open earlier in the year that had a full bag of PXG. The irons are lovely in the flesh and sounded lovely. Especially the woods. No idea which model he had. They DIDN'T improve his game and he was the type of fella that blamed outside "influence's" for his poor shots. Didn't talk to him much but his partner kept giving us the "I'm sorry he's a knob" look.

Mike07

Head Pro
Visit site
I've seen a few reviews and tests online and they seem to perform well... but... not well enough to justify an extra £100-£150 per iron.

Get some AP2, PSi tour, iblade... [insert any major brand irons]... and spend what your saving on a new putter, and a load of lessons and a golf trip..!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guy I regularly play with turned up the other day with the irons, driver and a putter. Apparently has added a hybrid to his bag as well

It was only a matter of time before he got them. They look lovely!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried these out at Scott Gourlays place recently, when I had an iron fitting.
Wasn't there with intention to buy them, just was allowed to try as was there anyway, curiosity.
Nice irons, best feeling set I've ever hit, beauts, but at about £325 per iron, they should be.
Has apparently sold quite a few sets, but so many of the (nearly £700) drivers though

Btw.....I bought combo 565/765 Srixons....lovely too....not at 325 per iron:thup:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with a guy in Spain that had a full set of 0311's inc woods. Was a good player - single figure handicapper that had played in the Alfred Dunhill Links and was good mates with Miguel. Lovely set of clubs in the flesh, look much better than in the pictures. Was really impressed with them, would love a set!

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tried a 6 iron whilst having an iron fitting at Tour X, felt nice, but not mind blowingly good, average stats
IMHO no where worth anything approaching the cost, for people with far more money than sense

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Never heard of them up until now. Just had a quick look. Blimey they are ugly. Take a bit of cleaning too!

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I got to hit the irons when I was getting my Mizunos fitted. They look different but the ball feels great off the face. Sweet spot was slightly smaller than the Mizunos and the Trackmanstats were pretty much the same - a percent or 2 better for the PXG.

If money were no option they would definately be an option but they are obviously being priced for the player who wants them to support a lifestyle image in a similar way a premium car would do.

The fitter I spoke to said he had already sold over 50 sets at no discount. Go figure.