putting stroke advice

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
Bob

here's a video of my putting stroke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq6E70LPerM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Picture quality isnt great but hope its ok. I've never seen my putting stroke on video before and I never thought it was that bad. What I notice about it is:

I seem to be very crouched over during the stoke (I tried to stand up more in the dtl view)
my left arm is doing strange things and looks to be in a bad position throughout the swing
Jerky/stabby motion
overswinging?!
Head lifting to early?!
too much body movement rather than shoulder rock?!

Anyway yours, and others, advice on my swing and things to work on would be greatly appreciated.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok here goes. Its not as bad as it looks, just a few points thats all. As you said stand up more. Move the ball away from you abit under your eye not your nose as it is now. The follow though should be the same length as your backswing, that should stop the stabbing type of stroke. Hope thats of some help?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
bit dark to tell from the front view- what was on telly though?

rear view stroke looks ok to me, you are very uncomfortably stooped if you get my drift, stand taller and more naturally to the putt, I also think your wrists are set quite high and also looks uncomfortable, quite a technical, mechanical set up if you follow me, if you were hitting a ball naturally along the ground you wouldnt set up like that I feel, get a bit more comfortable and it might 'feel' better........

however, what do I know ....

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think you would be more consistent if you stood up a bit and had your arms hanging down loose from the shoulders, the bent arm method you use now can create all sorts of movement with the clubhead. You are looking up as you make the putt which will tend to make your arms and shoulders turn to the left through the stroke. The bent elbows are not allowing you to rock your shoulders correctly and this creates a wristy release which is not good.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: