Putting Help

Glenkov

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

I am having issues judging the weight of my putts. I spend about 15/20 mins before a round on the putting green to get a feel for the greens but when I get on the course it seems to go out of the window. I no its not going to be exactly same on the course as the putting green but does any one have any advice on this??

Thanks in Advance :)

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi,

I am having issues judging the weight of my putts. I spend about 15/20 mins before a round on the putting green to get a feel for the greens but when I get on the course it seems to go out of the window. I no its not going to be exactly same on the course as the putting green but does any one have any advice on this??

Thanks in Advance :)

Anyone with decent putting fundamentals should be able to hit putts fairly consistantly. First, check your fundamentals. e.g. are you keeping your head still. Is there any wrist break in the stroke. Is the stroke smooth? Have you brought Bobs V Easy?

Once you have the above, you need a consistant strike. Maybe get some putting thingys from Ebay (someone will know what they are called)? They are plastic things which you stick onto the putter face. A miss hit then throws the ball of at an angle. I would reckon you need to work on a consistant strike to get consistant judgement of length.