Putting advice

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So I had a round this morning and although my ball striking and tee to green was fine, my putting was truly awful, distance control was bad and I found myself starting my putts off the intended line far too often, has anyone got any tips for putting? as its clear that my scoring would dramatically improve if I could at least mostly 2 putt

alex57834

Club Champion
Visit site
Just find a green with a hole and some bumps and sloping lies aswell and practice with the hole further away each shot. Try to make each shot different by moving the ball. If your lacking distance, just keep a flowing motion so follow through and make it flow. That's all I know so use it wisely!!!!£%$^&())

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
make sure your eyes are directly over the ball when addressing it

make sure your follow though is at least 2 x your back swing

see the club hit the ball

do not see the ball go in the hole on putts under 20 ft

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Distance tends to come from feel and repeatable technique, alot of practice is required

And uphill and downhill putts need consideration as well

I have changed to a blade as the greens i play are very fast and my Fang mallet was too bulky

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try and implement them. I think I'll also book a putting lesson as if the flaws can be corrected to start with that should help.

buggerlugs

Medal Winner
Visit site
Get a new putter..... I had an old slazenger putter for about 3 years I had it cut down to 29 inches and added slightly heavier weights that came with it when I bought it. And for all the time I had it I hardly ever 3 putted, but all my mates (with their Odyssee's and Pings and scotty's) use to laugh at my putter even though I putted best out of all of us.
Eventually I bought a new Mizuno putter which looked nice and felt ok. And I've had it for a year now and regular 3 put and worse, I find it difficult to play to my handicap. So last week I got my old Slazenger out of the garage with a few small rust marks on the shaft and off I went for a game. Without a warm up on the putting green I went straight out for a round. On the first green I had a 25 foot put for birdie and as I hit the ball I knew it would be stone dead. And although it didn't go in it was 6 inches away, with the Mizuno putter I would have just been hoping not to 3 put. I never 3 putted that day ,nor since. The old slazenger just feels so comfortable in my hands I just take one look at the hole and I know the ball will be in or stone dead almost every time.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1299266401-15512-0.jpg

buy one of these. learn to hole out from 5 feet over and over and over again. 10 mins every day and watch your scores drop.

keep lower half still, head still and practice, practice practice!