Putter for a beginner ?

pete_c

Visit site
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and i thought i'd pick your brains.
I've just started playing regularly and have just bought some Taylor Made irons.I'm now looking to add a putter and was wondering if anyone could recommend one for around £50.00.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its going to be a clash of opinions here but you wont go wrong with a ping or titleist putter, try a few out at your closest golf store and see what length suits your height and reach, then have a nosey on ebay (stick to well regarded sellers) bargains o'plenny on there. Ive picked up woods and other kit from it having major savings over what id have to pay locally.

pete_c

Visit site
Thanks for the advice.A friend of mine recommended a Ping putter but just wanted to get other people's opinion.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
try www.golfbidder.co.uk, they have loads of good 2nd hand gear, primarily a shop but it does run auctions too. On the older gear they have some good deals, but on 2007 models they are pretty much like any high street golf shop.

I have been tempted to replace my old ping anser putter with one of the harold swash "yes" putters having tried them in my local pro shop. Put i just can't bare to part with it.

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've got an Odyssey White steel mallet head putter, and it seems to give a good roll with the ball coming off the face quite well, (the best thing about it is it doesn't do anything unexpected), and most of my bad putts are down to me.

Get yourself along to somewhere where you can try out a few (hopefully on a real putting green) and pick the best one for you.

Putting is so individual and its all about what you feel comfortable with.

pete_c

Visit site
Thanks guys,I appreciate your help.I'm off to my local course on Sunday so think i'll try some out from the golf shop there.