Pushing right

Smith86

Visit site
I have always had a slight push right with my driver, always ended up on the right side of the fairway/rough, but recently it have become much worst and has started creeping into my irons which have always been the best part of my game, any suggestions to get it back straight, any drills that I could use? Have tried coming more over the top but had mixed results worsted being a right slice. With trying to get extra yards I feel that I am turning my hips in trying to generate more power.

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have always had a slight push right with my driver, always ended up on the right side of the fairway/rough, but recently it have become much worst and has started creeping into my irons which have always been the best part of my game, any suggestions to get it back straight, any drills that I could use? Have tried coming more over the top but had mixed results worsted being a right slice. With trying to get extra yards I feel that I am turning my hips in trying to generate more power.

First thing I would check is grip. A straight push is a nice shape for a swing. Just need to close that face slightly at impact for a lovely draw.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd also check alignment. It's so easy to gradually get used to inaccurate alignment over time.

Set up to a shot, and without standing up put your club across the tops of your arms to see where your shoulders are pointing.
Then put the club on the ground touching your toes and step back to see where they're pointing.

Edit: beaten to it, but glad I had the same idea :)

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm having the same occasional shot with long irons; I think i'm trying to compensate as previously was hooking quite a bit and now i'm getting opposite with same swing

Thexindi

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Grip, Aim and where the ball hits the club face
Just a few things that you can work on

Smith86

Visit site
At first I realised I was aiming right so have corrected that straight away, when I turned my grip over more that is when the slice starts creeping in.
I would love to have a slight draw with my driver, I thought that was done with a closed stance? I will defiantly hit a few balls at the range and try tweaking a few things before the wkend.

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
At first I realised I was aiming right so have corrected that straight away, when I turned my grip over more that is when the slice starts creeping in.
I would love to have a slight draw with my driver, I thought that was done with a closed stance? I will defiantly hit a few balls at the range and try tweaking a few things before the weekend.
From what you are describing you have a slight in to out swing path, with the face square to the path (not the target) at impact, resulting in the push. If you can close that face slightly, in relation to the path, you will draw the ball back.