Pull shots all clubs advice please

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a slight pull about 10 yards left of target but enough to miss greens etc

My alignment is ok, checked, my swing path must be the issue but....

Even when i really focus on an inside swing i still get a slight pull ( straight left of target )

My question is what else could cause this i have got it down to the following

Body shifted too far towards target at impact ?

Swinging too hard and lower body / upper out of sync ?

Any advice instead of the usual swing path answer which i know is happening but i am struggling with this last part to straighten it out to hit my targets

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks yes that would be why, but why the out to in swing and closed face ?

It is very slight which makes me think i am swinging too hard which may be forcing it off plane O to I

Could this be the cause ?

T

thecraw

Clubs too upright?

I got a static fitting from Ping and was green dot. In reality after playing with them for a few months I noticed I was pulling everything left from an 8 iron to PW. Once we went back to the fitting board and a dynamic fitting we agreed to change the 7,8,9 to yellow dot and the wedge wet to a blue dot.

Problem solved.

I would study your divot and see if its toe deep.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good point about the club lie

I did wonder if i should open the club face at address by 1 or 2 degrees ?

I will also check ball position as with it too far forwards can cause a closed face at impact

It is slight as pulls go but enough to find bunkers instead of greens etc, or other nearby trouble

Apart from that striking the ball well and good distance , driver tends to be the most straight !

T

thecraw

Good point about the club lie

I did wonder if i should open the club face at address by 1 or 2 degrees ?

I will also check ball position as with it too far forwards can cause a closed face at impact

It is slight as pulls go but enough to find bunkers instead of greens etc, or other nearby trouble

Apart from that striking the ball well and good distance , driver tends to be the most straight !

Exactly what was happening with my short sticks. Well worth getting checked.

tc.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A few things to fiddle with to see if they make any difference:

Weaken grip a little.
Close stance a little.
Try hitting some practice balls with the right foot drawn back (Helps to hit from the inside)
Feel the right hand staying more under the left in the follow through.
I agree with getting your lie angles checked.
Wait for the post telling you to go see a Pro ;)

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Been doing this myself and tonight was at the range and a mate said to me about a game pitching to the baskets. I play my pitch shots with no wrist hinge just back about 2 feet and hard through with the legs.

First up I pulled it left, and felt like I held on to it a bit. So I thought just relax the wrists and hey presto slam dunked 3 in a row and got another 3 with a couple of feet.
So I thought I'm going to make a conscious effort to do it with the driver and again perfect draw right where I was aiming. Same with the irons. It looked as if the ball was going much further as well, hard to tell in the dark but it definitely stayed up in the air for longer.

I was tensing the wrists up and pulling everything about 10yds left with irons and about 25-30 with the driver.
I had been given a drill last year basically a full left to right waggle to loosen up/relax the wrists but haven't been doing it much recently. I didn't need to tonight but just thought keep the hands and wrists relaxed and the difference was huge.

Worth a try for yourself.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi guys, a thought to the reason for the mild pull ???

Set up fault perhaps shoulders slightly open at address , would this be a reason for the slight pull shot ?

I would say my shoulders are maybe very slightly open due to the right hand below left on the grip

Incidently i have also been pulling my putts too slightly so i may be on the right track, Bob what do you think ??