Project x shafts

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I currently use 6.0 shafts in my irons, I get a good flight from them, and in general I am pleased with the performance I get.

I was fit for a 6.0 shaft in an iron fitting, so I went and got them, however, I was on the mizuno optifit a couple times, and have had differing results, coming in with either 5.5 or 6.0, as well as kbs s or x and s300 or x 100.

So I was wondering, I realise that my swing differs from time to time, so would I get better more consistant results by switching to the softer 5.5? Or do I stay with the 6.0 and take the odd bad one?

cheers

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I currently use 6.0 shafts in my irons, I get a good flight from them, and in general I am pleased with the performance I get.

I was fit for a 6.0 shaft in an iron fitting, so I went and got them, however, I was on the mizuno optifit a couple times, and have had differing results, coming in with either 5.5 or 6.0, as well as kbs s or x and s300 or x 100.

So I was wondering, I realise that my swing differs from time to time, so would I get better more consistant results by switching to the softer 5.5? Or do I stay with the 6.0 and take the odd bad one?

cheers

Did you get launch monitor stats from trying the shafts or was it simply a Mizuno DNA top three recommendation? How do you know you'll be more consistent with a 5.5??

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
just the mizuno fitting, but was on a range so got to see the actual ball flight.
I am not sure the 5.5 would be more consistant, what I am thinking is that the lighter shaft may produce better results more often, especially toward the end of the round.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
PX shafts get different reactions from different people. On frequency and flex alone, 5.5 is closest to TT DGS300 or KBS Tour S, but some people suited to those flexes caan handle PX 6.0 just fine even though that is technically somewhat stiffer.