Printer ink options

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have a HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw... .. Given the amount of printing that happens for school work, the ink is running low. So looking to order HP 203A colour cartridges. First view of HP cartridge cost is >£250 (I think i got it for some £150 for the printer at that time). It is a bit of Gillette pricing.

Any recommendations on options to get decently priced ones. I cant get a refill as shops are closed. What are the brands of compatibles that i need to avoid

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
We have a HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw... .. Given the amount of printing that happens for school work, the ink is running low. So looking to order HP 203A colour cartridges. First view of HP cartridge cost is >£250 (I think i got it for some £150 for the printer at that time). It is a bit of Gillette pricing.

Any recommendations on options to get decently priced ones. I cant get a refill as shops are closed. What are the brands of compatibles that i need to avoid
I buy Canon compatible ones on Amazon & they're perfect, never had a problem with them. https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/nod...owse-bin=Go Inks&ref_=bl_dp_s_web_19345539031

holly77

Visit site
hmm, i like amazon because u can order it online, buy did u tried usual technical shops? Oh, this is a really common problem for printer owners. A couple of days ago, I realized that I was completely out of color cartridges. I usually buy a few extras, but this time it didn't help. I didn't know what to do because I couldn't go to Walmart because of the COVID-19. My sister told me about this site https://www.mrdepot.ca and I found a lot of different cartridges at low prices. I bought new cartridges and I am 100% happy with it. Take a quick view on this site, if u will have time!

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

I have the exact same model and use these from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083TG38GC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZJycFbENT8R2Z

You get an authenticity error but they work fine and for general business printing they are spot on.
I did buy genuine HP toners first time round but at £280 they can ram it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Be wary of signing up to HP Instant Ink. We did without really understanding hoe it worked and ended up paying a packet for no ink as you get ink as you print - if for any reason you cut back or stop needing to print - you still have to pay - but nothing being printed means no ink sent.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Be wary of signing up to HP Instant Ink. We did without really understanding hoe it worked and ended up paying a packet for no ink as you get ink as you print - if for any reason you cut back or stop needing to print - you still have to pay - but nothing being printed means no ink sent.
Saves us a fortune as the lad uses a lot for his homework.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
ended up with Amazon... have done about 100 pages.. still staying ok..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0828JLCV6

I am on my 3rd set of Amazon cheapies and had my first misprint in over 3000 pages (both wife and I WFH plus son printing homework etc). Simply took the Cyan out, gave it a wipe and a shake and all good again. Saved hundreds compared to the HP ones. Total rip off.