Price Increase in Ping Clubs

robbo_17

Visit site
It’s been well documented how Ping have been struggling to fulfil orders of this years G425 and other custom fit ranges of product.

I’m currently in the market for the a 17.5 degree MAX Fairway Wood having been fitted for this and the hybrid earlier this year. I already have the hybrid but I’ve noticed in the last day or so there has been a significant price increase on G425 product, depending on the retailer!

Is there any known reason as to why this has taken place? Interested to hear your thoughts on this guys…

evemccc

Visit site
It’s been well documented how Ping have been struggling to fulfil orders of this years G425 and other custom fit ranges of product.

I’m currently in the market for the a 17.5 degree MAX Fairway Wood having been fitted for this and the hybrid earlier this year. I already have the hybrid but I’ve noticed in the last day or so there has been a significant price increase on G425 product, depending on the retailer!

Is there any known reason as to why this has taken place? Interested to hear your thoughts on this guys…

What was the G410 FW and what price are you seeing the G425 at?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What Is the problem?
Ping don’t sell direct to the consumer, so whilst Ping May excersize some control over retail prices they cannot stop a retailer charging different prices.
Also inflation is currently 7% in the US and Ping is a US company, so perhaps they are filtering through increases to cover their costs.
Either way, if you want an item, then pay the price. If you don’t want to pay the price, buy something else instead.’:)

Boomy

Visit site
It’s not just Ping which has gone up, just about everything seems to have went up in price, and some quite significantly.

I would say a lot of it is to do with material shortages and shipping costs. It has been well publicised about material shortages from manufacturers across all industries and also well publicised how much shipping container costs have increased, add to this the delays in shipping and basic costs have sky rocketed. They have to pass some of this on.

I would also say that as well as the base cost of a product going up the retailers are now selling on, or much nearer to RRP on a lot of products - nothing at all wrong with that, it’s the items RRP value after all - it is just we are used to seeing them for under RRP. I was looking at Callaway B21 fairway woods, they were RRP £249, selling at £199 then all of a sudden they shot up to RRP £279, selling at £249. You can still find the odd one new at £199… but the second hand ones are going for £199+ now (all examples there based on standard stiff RCH shaft)

So even the second hand market in golf equipment is crazy at the moment - clubs are selling for more, or at least the same price second hand as you were able to get a brand new one for.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
......I would say a lot of it is to do with material shortages and shipping costs. It has been well publicised about material shortages from manufacturers across all industries and also well publicised how much shipping container costs have increased, add to this the delays in shipping and basic costs have sky rocketed. They have to pass some of this on......

I read the other day that a large area in China is back in full lockdown, in a bid to keep the winter olympics on track. This in turn will have a big effect on manufacturing and the already bad supply chain.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Material, energy and shipping costs have increased significantly over the last 12/18 months. There is a shortage of components and general inflation.

I can’t see it getting better any time soon.

Reactions: SyR

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is just outrageous….how can they justify such a rise with the increased material costs, supply chain issues and charges and general increase in demand?

Surely must be a forum ban of using any Ping products coming. Savings could be obviously be put towards a green fee on the Old Course……

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In addition to post #4, it’s also supply and demand. If retailers have limited stock and are aware of limit stock nationwide, they do not need to give it away. This is good as the item should hold good resale values.

I know ping are strict on monitoring prices, you club pro could do an unadvertised price, but shops online don’t have that option.

RichA

Visit site
Snainton Golf, from whom I buy most of my golf stuff, are selling all Ping irons except the i59s about 10% below RRP.
Discount code knocks another 10% off.
Not sure what the problem is, besides the obvious delays.