Pound against the dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The wise people of Italy yesterday elected some absolute right wing loons to run the country. As a consequence the cost of them borrowing money has shot up. It's higher than the cost for Greece. The cost for the UK today is higher than for both.

It's almost always unwise to to compare household to countries. But if you borrowed money to by a house (or any asset) that would be okay. However if you borrowed money to pay for your Friday night out or pay for your groceries you'd be an idiot. This government is borrowing money to give it away at the same time as underwriting effectively unlimited liability on energy bills. I'm not sure what it is but it's not sound economics.

Was on a call with my Italian colleagues this morning. They had their head in their hands… Amore this is mad..
As one of the said.. Right wing and Woman is the flavour of the month … (with apologies for both)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Was on a call with my Italian colleagues this morning. They had their head in their hands… Amore this is mad..
As one of the said.. Right wing and Woman is the flavour of the month … (with apologies for both)
Italy will have a new government in 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.