Please post your swings

Fred_Couples

Visit site
Hi Neil,

I hope this link works okay.

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl...a=N&tab=wv#

Do you have regular coaching at the moment? If yes, what have you specifically been working on? - no i don't

What do you consider to be the strengths of your game? - putting! If driving straight I can score

Weaknesses? - I have erratic holes where say I have been shooting well and then run up a 9! Plus my 3-5 irons are not great, and approach shots in general are weak

How often do you play/practise? - not been playing much for the last few years, but I work in a school and everyone including the kids are golf nuts, so I am trying to play more often. I aim to play at least once a week from now on.

What is your scoring average/handicap? - the full whack, 28!

Do you keep stats? - just my scores on a spreadsheet at courses I have played over the years

What is your strike/shot/shape pattern for the following clubs
Driver/Tee shots - usually a high ball flight and either dead straight, or I'm wild both left and right!

Fariway woods - get good height and distance but they go left

Rescue Clubs - same as fairway woods

Long/medium irons - when I connect well they go as above

Short irons - if I take a full swing I either don't hit them very far or can have a wild slice!

BTW this is much appreciated!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Without being any kind of expert the one thing I can see to my untrained eye is how hunched you seem to be at address with the chin tucked into the chest. From there it's very difficult to make a full shoulder turn without a lot of moving parts which could be where the inconsistancy stems from. Only my first reaction and I'll leave it to be shot down in flames or corrected by those that know

NeilPlimmer25

Club Champion
Visit site
Fred_Couples

I would firstly like to say what great images you posted of your whole golf game. Gives me a much better idea of what you do throughout the whole of your game

This has helped me tremendously

As I talk about on a number of these posts and during all of my sessions you have to be aware of your aim and alignment before any improvements can be made to your swing

On virtually every shot I saw you play your alignment is off to the right of your inteneded target
This will always mean that you will have to compensate during the motion of your swing to allow for for poor aim

Check out the following where I show you how to aim and align correctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxs6xKKGgw
Only the clubface points at your intended target, your feet, knees, hips, forearms and shoulders should be parrallel (it will feel left) to where your clubface is aiming

Next time you play concentrate only on your alignment

Let me know how you get on

Neil Plimmer