Please Help, 'Ultimate Chipping technique'

mdmd16

Visit site
It's all about the leading edge of the clubface and its squareness upon impact. Find your own point of entry and make sure your body weight is distributed equally. A slight forward press is recommended for a good follow through, try not to lean back. This takes a lot of hours practicing out on the course to master and everybody is different so its just about practice and feeling your swing. Its especially difficult getting a technique where you hit the ball square on every time. I improved a lot over the last 12 months and did the same, watched as many you tube videos as possible and read up on tips as much as possible. The best way would be hooking up with a pro in your area but that's not so easy.

Visit site
It's all about the leading edge of the clubface and its squareness upon impact. Find your own point of entry and make sure your body weight is distributed equally. A slight forward press is recommended for a good follow through, try not to lean back. This takes a lot of hours practicing out on the course to master and everybody is different so its just about practice and feeling your swing. Its especially difficult getting a technique where you hit the ball square on every time. I improved a lot over the last 12 months and did the same, watched as many you tube videos as possible and read up on tips as much as possible. The best way would be hooking up with a pro in your area but that's not so easy.

hi and thanks
i've been looking at several chipping vids on YT in the last 72 hours and they all seem to be very similar, in that
they are much more 'centred' with only a touch more weight on front foot if any, hands to just a touch in front, the concentration seems to be on a very shallow line to the ball and releasing fully through the ball with rotation, seen from the rear the hands would 'disappear to the left, this is contrasted to the in my case, hands trying to keep the club face square by 'holding the line' with little or no body rotation,
i'll have to get practising :eek:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
hi and thanks
i've been looking at several chipping vids on YT in the last 72 hours and they all seem to be very similar, in that
they are much more 'centred' with only a touch more weight on front foot if any, hands to just a touch in front, the concentration seems to be on a very shallow line to the ball and releasing fully through the ball with rotation, seen from the rear the hands would 'disappear to the left, this is contrasted to the in my case, hands trying to keep the club face square by 'holding the line' with little or no body rotation,
i'll have to get practising :eek:

That's more or less what the Michael Breed video told you to do. I had always been told previously that it should be similar to putting, but apparently not!

Visit site
That's more or less what the Michael Breed video told you to do. I had always been told previously that it should be similar to putting, but apparently not!

just thought i would report back after my initial question and now after some experiments on the recommendations,

I'm glad to report my chipping/short pitching has improved dramatically ala the techniques described in post 24, i also bought the dvd by Gary Smith which describes the simple 'linear' technique, i hit a respectable 32 points in a recent stableford society game and my chipping/short pitching was basically responsible for that score as i was getting the ball much closer and not 3 putting, (only some poor driving 2 or 3 times into dense rough prevented a really good score,
the Gary Smith bunker technique has helped very well to as i did 3 excellent up and downs with his 'square' linear method,

i still had to take a sort of 'leap of faith' when doing the technique initially, as intuitively you think having your hands pulling/moving left 'disappearing' left as the club face rotates/arcs through the ball 'seems' incorrect but it works.

just have to improve the driving now doooooooooh

Cheers Dth