please have a look......

sticksations

Visit site
Hi there my name is david i play of scratch have just moved over from austalia unfortunately the pros where ive moved to only seem interested in taking your money and not helping much was wondering what you thought of my swing this is the first time ive seen it in a year.As soon as i saw it i shortened it a bit and am striking it much better, my bad shot would be a pull would love to hear what you think.....

http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/sticksations/?action=view&current=myswingirondl.flv

http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/sticksations/?action=view&current=myswingironfo.flv

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi David and welcome to the forum.

As a scratch golfer, you dont have much wrong with your swing.
I take it you know you swing a little out to in on your down swing and assume you normally move the ball a little left to right in the air?
The pull will be caused by the clubface squaring up to your swing path into impact.
One small comment on your set-up. The weight looks a little in your heels at address. But just be pickey lol.

sticksations

Visit site
thanks for the quick reply i do hit the ball left to right yeah and really only hit the pull when im trying to hit a draw i struggle starting the ball right of my target....

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you swing out to in you will find it difficult to hit a draw so why try? Ignore those left pins and hunt down the right hand ones. :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It seems you are letting the club overtake your right arm, your right wrist is collapsing and not hitting through to the target..... which will probably increase your chances of pulling it.

You on the left, then Tiger, then Colin Mongomerie (hits a fade)
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/74/image3.gif

Try and follow through down the target line with the club following behind.

hope this helps.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Without seeing your swing, it's a bit difficult to give advice, but it sounds like your hands are getting trapped behind you. Sometimes your hands flip over (snap hook)
and other times you dont release at all and block.
you need to try and keep your hands out in front of you on the downswing and turn through with confidence. HTH :)

NeilPlimmer25

Club Champion
Visit site
David

Great action. LOTS of good things going on during your swing.
One thing to maybe look at would be where your weight is at the top of the backswing
From the swings that you posted it looks to me that you haven't quite completed your backswing and there could be more weight on your right side at the top of the swing.

What I normally find is if you do not fully complete the swing there is a tendancy to then start the downswing a little too early and come over the top of it, pull!

One of my favourite drills I get my players to do when practicing is to get the club to the top of the swing, stop for 3 seconds, feel that they are fully loaded on their right side then continue their swing through to a ful finish.

If you did this you would get the feel of a fuller/more complete top of the backswing position.
It woul also have the benefit of shortening the length of the swing, if it does get long.

Hope that advice helps, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions

Neil