Playing better / worse golf with certain people

peld

Visit site
I play my worst golf with my good mates, one in particular. He scores fairly well but just one of those people that gets in to your head with some of his results - basically only plays with a driver, hybrid and 7 iron, hits duffs that end up good, doesnt hit it far but always get it on, sinks long putts etc. I am always terrible - duffs, shanks slices etc. I just say im getting out my bad shots whilst it doesn matter.

I always tend to play better with much better players and strangers, and also in comps. I have a really good record in Opens and comps when im with lower handicaps that i dont know too well. My scoring with mates is rubbish!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I'm reopening this thread for one reason.
I play my best golf when @Midnight is in my group!
So, he make himself available for hire to all of you and watch the magic work!
4 under handicap 78 at Hankley which I've never played before! All due to the lucky charm!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Playing scratch matchplay against anyone whose handicap is 3 shots or more lower than mine.
Very often I feel like I play well - still lose though.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There’s only two types of people that annoy me when I’m playing. 1) The guy that’s still chattering away as I’m addressing the ball - SHUT UP! 2) The guy that turns away in disgust whenever he hits a bad shot, and then asks you where it went. Once or twice, fine, but every time?! “Sorry I lost sight of it,” a couple of times seems to work.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm reopening this thread for one reason.
I play my best golf when @Midnight is in my group!
So, he make himself available for hire to all of you and watch the magic work!
4 under handicap 78 at Hankley which I've never played before! All due to the lucky charm!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Always here to help you mate 😂😂👍🏿👍🏿