Player of the season?

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
The fat lady is singing and all over for 2006 (Tour Champs doesn't really count does it with no Tiger or Leftie?!)

Who took the overall honours...?

oh dear only one answer realy but aside from Tiger...

European player of the year - does the Paddy one reallly deserve it...Howeller was so gd for so long...Karlsson played so much gd golf, Casey came gd at almost the perfect time and that 4-iron at the K-club...if only Monty had hit a 7-iron.....argh!!

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Jim Furyk!!

Consistent all year, over $6 million won, one of the only members of the US Ryder Cup Team to perform- and all done with such flair and excitement! This guy plays the attacking golf that every one should imitate and he does it with a smile on his face!

It should be monty-if only!! that shot must still give him nightmares!

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Take Tiger out of it... Howell and Stenson

What about the worst player of the year?

Poulter - very disappointing. Too much time spent making trousers.
Goosen - dropped like a stone

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I think Stenson is a great shout- he really has been great to watch-some of the golf he played to win the BMW was some of the best I’ve seen all season!

Worst player of the year is an interesting one- in terms of the most frustrated I think Ernie has to be up there-his injuries have prevented him from really getting going this year. Garcia as well- I don’t think any one has struck the ball better than him this season-if his putting had even been half decent he would have won on multiple occasions.

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
What about Johan Edfors? He's played some great golf and has climbed up the rankings quicker than anyone else. Aside from that I agree about Howell, who has been desperately unlucky with his numerous ailments, and one of my best memories from 2006 was Garcia's inspirational form at the Ryder Cup.

And Mickelson? A great start to the year - he looked a real challenger to Tiger's supremacy - but it all went wrong at Winged Foot in the US Open. He has looked like two seperate golfers this year and his early finish to the season suggests he still hasn't banished his demons. It will be interesting to see how he starts 2007.

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Johan Edfors? Do me a favour. Three wins is very impressive, no doubt, but the long-haired Swede's 25 or so other weeks leave a lot of be desired and he needs to find a little more consistency to be 'player of the season'
Three weeks do not a season make!
Ask yourself this telling question - who was the last person to win three times in a Ryder Cup year and yet not make the team?? I don't know the answer but wouldn't be surprised if it's never happened before!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Worst player of the season is a good one....Andrew Oldcorn springs readily to mind! (although Oldcorn and springs do not readily go together!)

i agree that Ernie has been disappointing and bar the Ryder Cup Sergio must be hoping for a new putting stroke for Christmas!