Play more golf memberships

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll add I spoke to the club I joined prior to signing up, and confirmed I'd be able to win if it happened. I did need to book comp days through the golf manager as they shut it to prevent you booking a four ball.

Anything other than sat, sun comps I book through pmg. System at ucgc works great and its been great playing with some lovely people 👍

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll add I spoke to the club I joined prior to signing up, and confirmed I'd be able to win if it happened. I did need to book comp days through the golf manager as they shut it to prevent you booking a four ball.

Anything other than sat, sun comps I book through pmg. System at ucgc works great and its been great playing with some lovely people 👍

Argh, thanks :thup:

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Away points - I have seen some negativity but for us we are looking at it as a couple of days of golfing holiday so we think they are really good

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Away points - I have seen some negativity but for us we are looking at it as a couple of days of golfing holiday so we think they are really good

Nice, I'm hoping the give me an option to convert them in March. We do get a slight saving compared to green fees at away clubs

Ramsdale, Derby was £26 £52 for both and I used 10 points for two so £40 (away points if you rebuy are
£4 a point)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The thing is with the points, you are looking at this the wrong way. Congu H/C, summer comps at the weekend, and then a shed load of money to spend ANYWHERE YOU WANT. Use online booking things to get great prices. I usually play (well this year about ten other courses) so that's another £150 on top of course membership, whereas it could now be incorporated into my £500 saved on membership.
No brainer for me, but I'm a flaky thing and still feel the pull of my course.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Downside is this stunning autumn weather and the last time I played my home course was 8th October, when my points ran dry, but they lasted from 10th Feb. And I feel buying more is a waste through winter.

Just not enough winter opens to be had 😕 at least the spreadsheet looks healthy this month compared to last over £200 spent on golf events.

Carl140284

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm looking at joining up to Playmore Golf this month and was wondering if anyone had a "refer a friend" code for us each to get 10 points?

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This feels a stupid question but can you use the 80 home points to play away or is it only the 20 away points and any top up vouchers? I read it as being inflexible between the two but wasn't 100% sure.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
This feels a stupid question but can you use the 80 home points to play away or is it only the 20 away points and any top up vouchers? I read it as being inflexible between the two but wasn't 100% sure.

Best to ask, I'd guess not TBH. away points cost more £4 compared to £3 for home. you can buy away points only after initial membership.

Carl you just need to get the persons email address who puts you in contact with PMG and you both get them, no codes etc, hope that helps.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Unless they have changed things, you could only use your "away" points away and home points at your home course. It's one of the reasons (not the only) I gave it up as I was effectively buying 80 pts rather than 100.

Carl140284

Medal Winner
Visit site
Spoke to the PMG rep for my area today and there are loads of offers on at the moment (for instance, he said I could get 140 points to start). One thing he did say was that you could now use all 100 points at "home" instead if you wanted. I like the idea of a few "away" points as there are a couple of courses near me, but it's what works best for you.

Rob84

Visit site
Hi All,

Been thinking about PMG for a while and for me playing around twice a month it would seem ideal at my local course (Wychwood Park, Crewe) gain a Handicap as it's been many years as a Pay as you Play and the odd club comp.

Does anyone want a referral for a extra 10 points?

Rob

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If you look in profile posts (on my view they're below the normal threads), there were a couple of guys discussing PMG recently

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I sadly did this last year and made a huge error on the course I selected as my home course. Ullesthorpe is the absolute pits and I've ended up only playing 4 times in 11 months. Thankfully my club nearest to me is now offering a lifestyle membership which offers me a similar sort of package.

If anyone wants a referral though to get free points etc then let me know as it doesn't expire for another 6/7 weeks.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I sadly did this last year and made a huge error on the course I selected as my home course. Ullesthorpe is the absolute pits and I've ended up only playing 4 times in 11 months. Thankfully my club nearest to me is now offering a lifestyle membership which offers me a similar sort of package.

If anyone wants a referral though to get free points etc then let me know as it doesn't expire for another 6/7 weeks.
I am surprised you feel that way about Ullesthorpe always found it in decent nick and very friendly, not the best in the area but certainly not the worst. Where have you joined?

shane3003

Visit site
I joined my club through PMG this year for the flexibility and cost saving, the points matrix looked like it would work well for me when I joined in March. But then in June they changed the points matrix and it doubled / tripled. Now it makes it really expensive per round and not what I thought I was getting.
The idea is great and I’m sure works, but be careful the club can change the points matrix without notice.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
My club are pulling out of the PMG scheme, as PMG changed their model without warning, meaning the clubs lost a lot of revenue. Our club increased the points as they also felt it was giving away golf too cheaply for out club. They are replacing it with an in house flexible membership category, so I'll wait and see what the costs are (I have a feeling it will be a lot more expensive)