Plastic or Wooden Tees?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Think it's personal preference, people use the plastic castle tees to get a consistent height every time they tee off.
I'm in the wooden tee camp, maybe that's why I'm so inconsistent 😂😂

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wooden tees compress slower which allows the ball to stay on the club face longer and maximise the trampoline effect which boosts driving distance.

Plastic tees reduce side spin making them more accurate

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I used to use wooden tees exclusively, and particularly the longer ones broke every shot. I found a pink castle on the course and gave it a go. Driving is loads better in terms of consistency, and I've not broken one yet, although I have lost a couple.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I changed to plastic recently because I was breaking 14 wooden ones a round but they are sometimes a bit hard to get into hard ground. Gave up using castle tees because I love to vary the height depending on the conditions & the kind of shot I want to hit. Ever seen a pro use a castle tee?

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site
Long wooden ones for driver, with the blue banding to aid consistency with height. Any old broken ones I find on the tee box for irons.

D

Deleted member 18121

Castle tees for me.... Little orange ones for most clubs, red ones for if I want to take a few yards off and pink for the driver.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It's not as simple as plastic or wood.
The type of wood used to make the tee plays a massive part of how it performs & the result of shot being hit from the tee in question.
It really is worth doing your homework before purchasing your tees.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wooden break more often but plastic (the ones I use at least) leave more of a mark on the club.

Doesn't really matter, but I'd rather have to wipe a mark of my club if it bothers me than keep filling my pocket with tees during a round.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has to be wooden and white. 2.3/4 for driver, and I bought inch long wooden ones for irons which hardly break.