Places to stay near Gleneagles

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could suggest any decent places to stay near Gleneagles. I have the chance to play there a few times in the future and was wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere other than Gleneagles hotel itself. Hotels, self catering places etc

D

Deleted Member 1156

Lots of decent B&Bs in the village. Have a look on TripAdvisor.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just checked back, I stayed in the Allandale House which was good and only 2 minutes from the Gleneagles entrance.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks nice
It is. It's laid back, very, very pleasant, good bar ( didn't eat there), and ridiculously handy for Gleneagles. It's not on site but it's near enough.

The price is more than a premier inn but it's a fraction of the Gleneagles hotel. Considering playing Gleneagles is a treat we decided it was worth it when I played there. I'm pleased we did, it was lovely.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lots of good suggestions already , but it's only about a hours drive from Glasgow or Edinburgh with lots of options in between.
Really depends what you want.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We had a week in Crieff last year, nice place, but 10 miles away - not sure if that is close enough for you.

Crieff hydro is like a Gleneagles-lite type estate, with lots of outdoorsy stuff to do but probably a lot cheaper than gleneagles.

We stayed in a cracking airbnb, massive garden, 3 bedrooms, right by a distillery, also.