Ping I10'S

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know some guys on here are total Ping Whores so can you not be biased with your advice please.
The problem being i've just saw a set of Ping i10's on Fleabay from a golf shop i know they are regular flex awt shaft , now my problem is i've got Mizuno mp 52's with PX 5.5 shafts in them but am struggling with lower back problems due to a cyst on my spinal chord.
The Mizuno's are nice clubs but am not getting the full value of them as i think the shafts are to stiff for my ailing back ,now i like the look of the Pings as they have a smaller head would it be worth changing to these clubs ,has anyone tried both sets and what were your thoughts , are the Pings easy to hit, as i kind of struggle with the Mizuno's.
Any advice and slagging greatly accepted. ;)

T

thecraw

Steve hit mine on Tuesday next week.

Ok they are stiffer shafts as they are the Project X flighted 5.5 however I'm sure it'll give you a feel and an idea.

The I10's are the best Ping Iron since the Eye2 IMO. I could have went for the I15 but as you know opted to re-shaft my I10's. A decision I have not regreted. (YET!)

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am in the market for a new set of Irons and have decided to go with Ping. I have hit the I10 model and found it fairly forgiving however I do not have any physical complaints such as yourself. My advice would be as I did go to a recognised Ping retailer preferably a Pro shop and ask to hit a range of Ping demo clubs from various ranges and see which you get on with best

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Steve hit mine on Tuesday next week.

Ok they are stiffer shafts as they are the Project X flighted 5.5 however I'm sure it'll give you a feel and an idea.

The I10's are the best Ping Iron since the Eye2 IMO. I could have went for the I15 but as you know opted to re-shaft my I10's. A decision I have not regreted. (YET!)

Cheers mate thanks for the offer will do, i got rid of the 909 D2 and got an I15 reg shaft ,tried the stiff and its like an iron bar ,even my mate thought that and he's got a G10 with a stiff UST V2 shaft

T

thecraw

Infact Algar also has I10's, yer ears will be bleeding by the 2nd tee!

C'MON THE PINGS!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Better bring plenty of elastoplasts then :D ,thats great it will give me a good comparison ,looking forward to it mate ,the ones i saw are in great nick and they get them altered for you for nothing so there a good deal.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I tried i10's,before i bought mp52's. Personally just don't get on with ping irons. Love the woods and hybrids though.Mp 52's are so silky, long, very forgiving, and so beautiful.