Ping Glide 3.0

AdamC28

Visit site
Anyone using the above?

Currently have Vokey SM6's for gap, sand and lob wedge.
Nothing wrong with them but fancy a change. The Ping's look a little more forgiving.
I'm interested to hear from anyone who may have experience of the Ping Glide 3.0's and what they thought of them compared to other options out there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had the original Glide when they came out with a plan to replace the Gorge model. Found them very heavy. I tried the Glide 2.0 which felt significantly lighter and looking at changing to these via second hand deals or may see if they are on deals with the 3.0. Did find them forgiving and the 2.0 felt more on a par weight wise with the Vokey. Not sure what Ping are offering in the 3.0 and haven't seen them but I'd suggest if they are like the 2.0 then they'll offer a versatile alternative.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ping only ever make great clubs. They will last a lot longer than Vokey as well as long as you don't get forged versions.

Have a look at Cleveland wedges also. I love mine and they are often available for a good price.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have Ping Glide 3.0 and think they're an improvement on the 2.0, very good. Of course you'll soon have the "buttery soft" idiots coming along soon to dismiss "cast" clubs.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hardly any wedges are forged these days, especially the main stream brands.
Ping do make one but the majority are cast.
The Glide 3 are, I believe, a touch lighter than the 2 and have a new finish on them.
They are by far and away the best wedges for spin retention in wet conditions, only the new Mizuno getting close.
Good range of lofts and grinds....

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I use the Glide 3’s. My club set up a few clubs including ping, Vokey etc and let me have them for a few rounds. I play ping and was actually hoping to prefer the Vokeys To mix the bag up a bit but it was the Glide 3’s that on the course gave me most confidence - just a personal preference

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am looking for new wedges playing Callaway MD 4 at the moment.
I love the look of the new forged ping but at £180 a pop that’s a bit steep.
Will give the glide 3s a go soon.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not sure about the shape of the Eye2...not seen it in hand yet but it makes the PM Grind look conventional from the pictures..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure about the shape of the Eye2...not seen it in hand yet but it makes the PM Grind look conventional from the pictures..
I have a PM grind lob wedge 60*.
I love it and once you get past the shape it’s an awesome club.
So the ping will have to be good or I will stick to the Callaway.