Ping G410 Driver ?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone using this at the moment or tried it out on a LM?
I’m looking for something new and tested several drivers out at the weekend, this appeared to be the easily the most consistent just based on hitting them at the range. Distance/Flight appeared to be solid into a firm crosswind and dispersion was fantastic.
I’ll be testing them out on a LM later this week.
What’s your thoughts on the G410 and what shafts have you tried- stock or otherwise?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
got the G410 with a regular shaft. Just love it. Was fitted for it at club. Tried it against the new Cobra that had come out ( the one that chips on the top) there was not a lot between them, but the Ping seemed more forgiving At the time. I went through a stage where I was massively coming across the ball and there was no way the club was that forgiving. The baby fade was turning into a big slice. Had a lesson at Peter Cowan near Meadowhall. Not only has it sorted out me slice but am hitting it straighter and a good bit further than when I first bought it. I dont think it’s a coincidence that I shot my lowest ever score a few weeks back, 84. Looking back I hit every fairway bar one.
Yup a lovely driver.
But not as good as the G410 fairway, now that is a thing of beauty.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Not the club your asking about but one of our group went from blue and yellow old Nike driver to the new SIM max and he’s added a mental amount of distance to his game. He was a fairly shorter hitter previously but is now up with the rest of us.

its suggest more that his old non fitted driver was wrong for him. It’s all in the shaft these days.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
got the G410 with a regular shaft. Just love it. Was fitted for it at club. Tried it against the new Cobra that had come out ( the one that chips on the top) there was not a lot between them, but the Ping seemed more forgiving At the time. I went through a stage where I was massively coming across the ball and there was no way the club was that forgiving. The baby fade was turning into a big slice. Had a lesson at Peter Cowan near Meadowhall. Not only has it sorted out me slice but am hitting it straighter and a good bit further than when I first bought it. I dont think it’s a coincidence that I shot my lowest ever score a few weeks back, 84. Looking back I hit every fairway bar one.
Yup a lovely driver.
But not as good as the G410 fairway, now that is a thing of beauty.

What shaft you got in it?
Ive watched quite a few reviews on it over the weekend and the word ‘Forgiving’ keeps cropping up. I’d agree with that it was also just so Consistent and easy to use. Just what I need right now..
I tried the SIM, Mavrik and the Srixon Z785 and I really didn’t want to like the Ping but it was head and shoulders above the others for consistency.

Last edited:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Ive watched quite a few reviews on it over the weekend and the word ‘Forgiving’ keeps cropping up. I’d agree with that it was also just so Consistent and easy to use. Just what I need right now..
Hmmm sounds like you‘re plugging for an off the shelf fit. It’s worth spending £50 in petrol to travel to see a decent ping fitter in your area. They‘ll find the right shaft for you. SGGT if your near Scotland.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did a driver fitting in October last year. I ended up with the G410 SFT version, with the Tensei Orange regular shaft. I think it's excellent, I've become very consistent with it at the moment. That shaft is something like a quarter of an inch shorter, plus he said some other jargon about it being more flexible at the tip or something - all I know is it seems to work.

Edit: The best one I tried it against in the fitting was the Rogue, but I went for Ping in the end which just shaded it.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmmm sounds like you‘re plugging for an off the shelf fit. It’s worth spending £50 in petrol to travel to see a decent ping fitter in your area. They‘ll find the right shaft for you. SGGT if your near Scotland.

Im open minded tbh. I was only using the bog standard stock Alta stiff at the weekend, a shaft that I haven’t got on with in the past. I don’t know if this version is any different but It seemed to be doing the business.
Quite a way from Scotland but I’ll be trying as many shafts as possible during the fitting.
I won’t go for the Tour as I’ve got one at home that I can pop in.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I tried the SIM, Mavrik and the Srixon Z785 and I really didn’t want to like the Ping but it was head and shoulders above the others for consistency.

mine is just the regular shaft. I had the ping G 30 before and I had a tour shaft in it. I tried the tour shaft in the G410. But it was not as good on the figures. Would deffo agree, get fitted by a Ping fitter.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried the G410 but thought it wasn’t as good as the G400.
The movable weight ports looked badly finished and one of the empty ones actually tore a hole in the cover.
It performed well for me but the numbers on track man were identical to the G400.
So saved a few bob and kept my G400 with tour reg shaft brilliant driver.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have hit it and didn't see too much difference between the off the shelf model and my off the shelf G model. We have a Ping demo day at the club in early March (could be expensive) and aim to hit it again

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone using this at the moment or tried it out on a LM?
I’m looking for something new and tested several drivers out at the weekend, this appeared to be the easily the most consistent just based on hitting them at the range. Distance/Flight appeared to be solid into a firm crosswind and dispersion was fantastic.
I’ll be testing them out on a LM later this week.
What’s your thoughts on the G410 and what shafts have you tried- stock or otherwise?

Which version did you try mate ?

I was mucking around online last night and they have them at Snainton for £379 plus im sure theres a 10% discount code knocking around on here. They also give you the option of the "Evenflow black" shaft which I really like.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which version did you try mate ?

I was mucking around online last night and they have them at Snainton for £379 plus im sure theres a 10% discount code knocking around on here. They also give you the option of the "Evenflow black" shaft which I really like.

It was just the basic G410plus model.. I believe Ping won’t be doing an LST as apparently they can’t get the spin any lower than this model.
Tbh mate I’m not Sure my current Slappy swing is efficient enough for a decent shaft.. I've got a feeling the noodle Alta will come out on top. Right now though i’m going for whatever works.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was just the basic G410plus model.. I believe Ping won’t be doing an LST as apparently they can’t get the spin any lower than this model.
Tbh mate I’m not Sure my current Slappy swing is efficient enough for a decent shaft.. I've got a feeling the noodle Alta will come out on top. Right now though i’m going for whatever works.

There is an LST version mate, but everything I read / watch about them the plus one comes out best.

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Ping-G410-LST-Golf-Driver.html#SID=81

Whatever works mate !

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ping G410 is a beast, combine it with the correct shaft and you will find it a very difficult combination to beat.

As Junior says the Even Flow is a stock option as is the Tensei Orange. Ping Tour option is also an excellent shaft and Ping probably make/source the best "made for" shaft options out of all manufacturers.

Again be careful and get fit. The G410 Plus is also a very low spin beast, it actually spins as much as the G400 LST therefore it means that the LST model will be mega mega low spin.