Ping G series 5 wood

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening all,

Any users of the above please ? Positive and neg reviews ? Also what difference is there between that and the G 30 apart from looks.

Thanks

Midnight...

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the SF version so might not be the one you are asking about, anyway, its a nice low profile fareway wood., that has a good high flight (I have it with the Tour 80 shaft), its not currently in the bag only because I have the 3/4 Wood version that I seem to hit better. If there is a negative, its that off the tee tee the low profile is a little scary for me

Last edited:

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I picked one up a few weeks back and very happy with it so far but I've always gone back to Ping woods from trying others so it's what I feel comfortable with.
The low profile suits me more for off the fairway and I also tend to tee it quite low anyway. Just suits my eye.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have one, looks like a smaller profile over the G30, appears to be shallower in the face too.

I have mine set at 16.5 (4 wood ish loft) and a 3 wood length shaft and couldn't be happier with it. I do have a low launch low spin shaft in it which just works well for me.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
In fact the G series is actually bigger at 161cc compared to 151 on the G30!

Maybe the G30 is a bit for bulbus?

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The G is a fantastic fairway wood...well for me it is......Its sleek, thin from sole to crown - making it easier than a lot of woods to hit of the deck.