Ping Fitting

IanLeeds

Assistant Pro
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I am about to order some G20's my pro said he can give me a good indication of fitting but he would recommend getting it done properly at ping anyone know if there is a ping fitting place in Yorkshire? or is it best going to someone who is a ping retailer?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep would deffo recommend gainsbrough ping, I got fitted there about 6 weeks ago. Rory underwood was in the bay next to me too:thup:

Bear in mind a fitting has to be booked through your pro and there is usually 4-6 weeks waiting time.
However, as they now charge for the fitting, that waiting time may be less now.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Just had my fitting done this morning.
Bog standard black dot, reg shaft etc etc.
Tried several clubs including my own! G15, G15 with graphite shaft, G20 and my own 7 iron. The fitter also videoed my swing. When he played it back to me I noticed just how much of an overswing I have. Work ongoing to correct that.

I hit ALL the clubs very well tbh. The noticeable difference between the Pings and my mizzies was getting a higher ball flight from the Pings, Obviously the lure of the shinies is telling me to buy the G20's. Dunno if I'd be as well buying a good set of G15's and saving a bit of dosh. :confused:

I did consider having a trip down to Gainsborough, but with my handicap I cannot really see the point at the moment.