Ping crossover

RichA

Visit site
I bought a Ping G400 4 Crossover in December.
It has been so reliable off the tee that the driver and 3 wood are now firmly in the naughty bag in the garage, except for the odd range session to confirm I can't rely on them.
I'm not a big hitter, having a very much more moderate, methodical swing. Even so, with our rock hard fairways it's rolling out to about the same distance as my driver using buddies. My advantage is a fairway or 1st cut lie more often than not.

The question - has anybody tried the new 2 crossover?
I'm wondering if somebody with my moderate speed would be able to launch it properly.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the G410 22 crossover it’s fantastic off the tee ,very high ball flight.
Suits my minus aoa and is much more accurate.
In this weather and hard fairways it goes miles.
The type of shaft you choose will need to match your speed.
Try the demos.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My Ping G700 4-iron in the power spec loft is 18.5 degrees. I don’t struggle to get it airborne and I guess that I have an average swing speed. I think that it’s at least partly to be down to how you swing, rather than the speed. When I got fitted for the irons, I was getting too much height on my shots, hence they recommended the power spec lofts. Is there anywhere that has one where you could give the club a try before buying?

RichA

Visit site
My Ping G700 4-iron in the power spec loft is 18.5 degrees. I don’t struggle to get it airborne and I guess that I have an average swing speed. I think that it’s at least partly to be down to how you swing, rather than the speed. When I got fitted for the irons, I was getting too much height on my shots, hence they recommended the power spec lofts. Is there anywhere that has one where you could give the club a try before buying?
Thanks for the replies. I haven't had a chance to see if anyone has a demo 2 yet. Experience tells me that they'll say they have, to get me over for a potential sale, even if they only have the 4.
I'm really hoping to replace the driver so I can stick it on eBay and remove the idiotic temptation to take the round wrecker on the course.