Ping Craz E Lite, Titleist Carbon or Sun Mountain 2.5+

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
With me getting older and the cold weather and ropes around greens in I’m after a lightweight carry bag but cannot determine which is better

Ping Craz E Lite
Titleist Carbon
Sun Mountain 2.5+

your help is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 29109

Can't help with those but I've just bought an Ouul Aqua which only weights 1.3kg. Was going to buy a Mizuno k1-lo. But I found the Ouul on ebay for £79. It's simple which I don't mind as I carry the minimum amount of stuff possible, and it's also waterproof.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im looking to change too. Lots of google reviews are saying the stand mechanism on the ping isn't great. The 2 pins fall out and the legs then don't work.

badgermat

Club Champion
Visit site
I had an original Sun Mountain 2.5 (the version made from what appears to be spinnaker cloth), which was truly excellent. That lasted four years and is still functional if a bit faded and worn looking.

This year I switched to an Ogio Fuse 4, which is a touch heavier, a touch smaller but a heap sturdier. It also has a single strap, which I prefer.

You could go for either with no regrets.

bm

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
So to answer the question...

I ordered the Titleist and SM2.5+. Too many bad reviews for the ping

The winning bag for me is Titleist.

The 2.5 is an awesome bag and 100% no club snag. Weight is perfect (both are the same empty) There’s a little snag in the Carbon. The straps on the Carbon felt better awesome. The Apparel pocket felt better on the Carbon than the 2.5 but the other pockets on the 2.5 are slightly bigger bad better. The zip and on the Carbon for apparel was just a lot better. Felt like the 2.5 was going to rip apart. Both comfortable on the back

Believe it or not the biggest deciding factor was the rain hood. The one on the 2.5 is pathetic! So tight! Here in the uk you can rely on the rain cover quote a lot! ?. The Carbon cover is something else. Never seen anything like it and I hope a lot of other manufactures learn from it. Slip it over and away you go. No fiddling with loads of popper is small loop holes.

I’ll update more as and when I get out.

cheers.

Glynn