Pick and place til the end of May

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had this email come through today any idea why it has been extended til May.

PREFERRED LIES on closely mown areas will continue this year until 31st May, as agreed by England Golf (preferred lies usually cease on 30th April).

Here is the recommended wording in relation to this:

’A ball lying on a closely mown area through the green may be lifted without penalty and cleaned. Before lifting the ball, the player must mark its position. Having lifted the ball, he must place it on a spot within 6 inches [150mm] of and not nearer the hole than where it originally lay, that is not in a hazard and not on a putting green.

A player may place his ball only once, and it is in play when it has been placed (Rule 20-4). If the ball fails to come to rest on the spot on which it is placed, Rule 20-3d applies. If the ball when placed comes to rest on the spot on which it is placed and it subsequently moves, there is no penalty and the ball must be played as it lies, unless the provisions of any other Rule apply. If the player fails to mark the position of the ball before lifting it or moves the ball in any other manner, such as rolling it with a club, he incurs a penalty of one stroke.`

Note: ’Closely Mown Area” means any area of the course, including paths through the rough, cut to fairway height or less.

Penalty for breach of Local Rule: Match play – Loss of hole; Stroke play – Two strokes

If a player incurs the general penalty for a breach of this Local Rule, no additional penalty under the Local Rule is applied‘

Tashyboy

Visit site
Erm, because of the crappy weather we're all still experiencing 樂
V
which is the right answer, but I was reading the blog re lifting winter conditions rules and I don't think I have read that they are more of less still in place til the end of May.
That aside, our course has been gorgeous through the winter and it just seems strange that some courses are still struggling.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
V
which is the right answer, but I was reading the blog re lifting winter conditions rules and I don't think I have read that they are more of less still in place til the end of May.
That aside, our course has been gorgeous through the winter and it just seems strange that some courses are still struggling.

Some parts of the country have experienced record amounts of wet weather and as such the smallest shower or single day of rain just tops it back up and floods the greens or fairways again, as such they extended the condition for a month collectively to include everyone if they needed to use it, which was sensible in the circumstances, IMO.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
V

which course is this as I am due to play in your neck of the woods soon?

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
remember it quite well, not there until September, you will have to pop in and say ello,

I should be at the Nottinghamshire a week Sunday, although it appears my booking form went astray

Tashyboy

Visit site
remember it quite well, not there until September, you will have to pop in and say ello,

I should be at the Nottinghamshire a week Sunday, although it appears my booking form went astray

Will do me man, let me know when you are about and will try to meet up.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We still had it at our place in the mid week medal....but the weather has been that bad up here that it's common sense to do so.

It's been drying out....but this week we've had snow-rain-sleet-hail....so it's fair to say the course has took a hammering.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Weather seems about par for the course to me.
We've played down in Ashbury at the end of April for the last three or four years, and it's been like this every year.

So this year we're playing a month later, so hopefully it'll be a bit warmer and dryer. :)