Phil Mickelsons Shirt. Could it catch on?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do you think? Is it something you would wear on the course?

Personnally I like the look and hope it does catch on. I think I’m getting a little bored of the current golf clothing trend of everything edging towards a more casual,Sporty, breathable, microfibre blah blah look.

Apparently PM has equity in the company producing these shirts so he’ll be be wearing them for the foreseeable...
They’re maybe more suited to the climate in the UK rather than Georgia and Florida also.

I like it, maybe lose the cap though Phil, I’m not too sure it works.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...n-wearing-long-sleeve-dress-shirt-in-round-1/

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
PM might want to get one in his size - the shirt rather emphasised his spare tyre(s)! The collar looked more like those favoured by Harry Hill.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would feel like I was going to the office wearing one of those shirts, so no I don't hope that it catches on.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it looks awful.

The issue is, shirts look terrible if not properly cut to the body (slim fit can make even a larger man look better).

You can’t wear a long sleeve slim fit shirt on the golf course as the arms will be too tight

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is this actually a fully buttoned shirt? It looks like the lower buttons are false as there is no gapping of the cloth. It just looks like something made to stimulate interest and promote the clothing brand name.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
How many of us have hit the range after a day at work still wearing office shirt, I have, more than once

But I wouldn't wear one to play a round

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s a shame, it seems the world isn’t quite ready for Phil and his Shirt..

Maybe he just needs to finish off the look with a nice skinny tie and possibly a waistcoat ??

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I dont think its going to catch on. Phil doesnt look good in most things to be honest. He tries the tailored slim fit look but hes a bit bulky for that.With his big turn i can see buttons going pop everywhere. What next plus 4s, flat cap and tie?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am with you on the sporty look being ever increasingly popular. Is it because brands like UA , Puma, Adidas and even FJ making sportier looking apparel and less of a more tradition look? Most shoes seem to be going that way as well.
Can’t beat a nice merino wool jumper! Personally quite like the OJ stuff as well...

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it looks alright. I’m interested in what fabric it is and it’s playability.

Dont see why it disgruntled some of you, especially when a few of you are pro Jacket and Tie.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think it looks alright. I’m interested in what fabric it is and it’s playability.

Dont see why it disgruntled some of you, especially when a few of you are pro Jacket and Tie.

Don’t think anyone is pro wearing a jacket and tie to play golf ?

As for what Mickleson wore - thought it looked awful - prob the wrong person to wear it but I do see a few of the seniors wearing those shirts whilst playing